Chapter 1

"I dare you to do something stupid to anyone you see around,"

My best friend Jennie and I were sitting on the grass at the college campus. We decided to get out of our dorm for a while since it was a beautiful day outside and due to us being students, we had a busy life and not much time to enjoy the outside world. The sun was shining brightly, the weather wasn't too hot nor too cold, the birds were chirping. It was just the perfect day to go out and have some fun with friends.

Jennie and I were both students of the famous school UCLA. We were both photography majors and met during our freshman year. I noticed her some time during the first week of school. To be honest, I would've never thought a girl like her would be friends with someone like me. I mean, now that I know her, I know we have a lot in common but back then I thought we were completely different. Polar opposites if you will. She and her cool, cold and intimidating demeanor, that really threw me off, while I was known more as the cheerful easy to approach kind of a girl.

I was sitting in the back row of the classroom while she sat in the middle row. She was surrounded by guys and girls who hung on every word she said. You could say she was quite popular. She was still popular up to this day but she didn't care anymore because she realized those people didn't really care about her.

Some guy walked up to her and said something that I didn't quite catch since they sat quite afar, and suddenly I just heard 'ooohs' and 'daaamns' and saw the guys patting her shoulder as the other guy left.

It left me dumbfounded and I wondered what she said to him. I later found out she must have roasted his ass since Jennie was one hell of a savage. Suddenly I watched her get up and make her way to sit next to me What the fuck, why is she sitting next to me?! I thought and she stuck her hand out for a handshake, "The name's Jennie" the cat-eyed girl said and I shook her hand, "Lisa"

And that's how it all started.

I remember how I thought the introduction was totally out of nowhere and left me utterly confused. I was just sitting in the back row, minding my own business and suddenly she walked up to me. Later on, she told me she could tell the people she was surrounded with didn't really care about her for the person she was and I, on the contrary, looked like a genuine person. I was grateful she came up to me though because I had the same problem. Not to sound like a narcissist but since I had the looks and had pretty well-known parents, you could say I was quite popular too. I always just pushed them away though, resulting in me being mostly alone which I hated.

We quickly became best friends and I found out that even though she looks intimidating with her resting bitch face and a badass attitude, she was a huge softie who was very easy to tease. We even shared a dorm together starting our second year. I remember I was quite surprised by the fact she never brought a guy to the dorm (aside from her brother) since she was, as I already mentioned, quite popular and undoubtedly beautiful. She never seemed to be interested in them either, which I found quite odd but never questioned it. I always thought she just wasn't interested in dating anyone at the moment. The thing was though that the moment where she would never seemed to come. But it was her choice to make, I guess she was just waiting for the right guy to show up and sweep her off her feet.

Now that we were already in our senior year of college one would think we would be studying our asses off but here we were, playing truth or dare without a care in the world. It's not that we were neglecting our studies, it's just that the new school year has just begun this week and we didn't have homework or tests to study for. We decided to make the best out of this free time we had by spending some time outside instead of being locked in our dorm with the blinds shut, watching crappy TV shows all day.

Our school campus was huge, there were students everywhere studying, reading books or just enjoying the warm weather as I and Jennie were. But since, as I've already mentioned, it was huge, no one was bothered by the number of people there, everyone had space to themselves, therefore the atmosphere was very peaceful.