Chapter 24

I stood above Sooyoungs body that was trembling on the ground, as she looked at me with her eyes filled with fear, as well as surprise. But other than that, she looked slightly guilty, not that it made anything better.

She knew she had it coming and that she deserved it. Punching her was becoming a bigger regret with each passing second that I spent looking at the girl. I wanted to apologize for acting rashly, that I was just too caught up in my emotions, but I didn't. I had no right hurting her, I hated being violent with my whole being, but I just couldn't hold myself back as she said all those incredibly hurtful and cruel things with a smug grin, as she didn't even realize her wrongdoings.

And just the simple flash of memories from just seconds ago, made all the guilt disappear as rage filled me to the brim, any sense of regret long forgotten.

"Don't ever," I seethed through my teeth, that were still gritted as I clenched my jaw, the rage came to feel anew, not faltering a bit, "come near Rosie again."

Of course, one look at the pathetic looking girl with her hand clutching her nose, and the feelings of regret and guilt came rushing back in, as if they never, not even for a moment, dissipated. But I was just too angry to care, so I pushed those feelings to the back of my head again, discarding them for the current moment. Whatever I've done and whatever has happened, Rosie was more important. She always was.

And so, without another word, I turned around, looking at the girl standing behind me wide-eyed. Her eyes were bloodshot red from all the crying she's done, and the lamps in the hallway were reflecting its light on her still tear-stained cheeks. It felt a little wrong to be thinking she looked absolutely beautiful in even this type of situation, but I couldn't help it. Her rosy cheeks and nose, her lashes that became more striking as remains of tears stuck to them like little crystals. No matter what the situation was, Rosie was still the most beautiful girl in my eyes, and it felt so incredibly good to finally be able to admit it to myself.

When our eyes met, my expression immediately softened, all anger gone from my face, and my heart. Instead, it got replaced by a sad smile and a feeling of sadness for the girl in front of me. As well as what I was sure of to be a loving gaze that was at the same time, full of sorrow. Because as breathtaking as she was, seeing her like this, broke my heart.

To me, Rosie was so incredibly important, words would never be enough to describe. In my eyes, she was the kindest and the most selfless person I've ever met, a living angel. And to see someone of such pure soul destroyed by the cruelty directed at her by someone who didn't deserve a second glance, made my heart clench. All I wanted was to get out of here, to hold her close, so she would know she was okay, that we were okay. And for her to know, that this was one of those mistakes that would eventually fade and she would barely remember it, even if it hurt now.

I wanted her to know, she had me. That no matter what happened between us, I understood where she was coming from, and I wasn't angry with her. Because surely, she must've known the truth now, it was evident in her gaze that looked so sad and apologetic, and I figured, not just because of Sooyoung.

Outstretching my hand to the blonde, I spoke in the softest voice I possibly could, "Let's go,"

I didn't even know I was capable of such gentleness. I guess seeing Rosie in such a state of hurt and vulnerability, did more things to me than just making my inner turmoil stronger. Sure, I wanted to sound comforting, but the voice that came out of my throat was so gentle and careful as if I was scared if it was just an octave higher, it would break her.

Her gaze followed my arm that has been eagerly waiting for her to take, my palm that wanted nothing more than to connect with hers, and send a surge of warmth, and tingles, all over my body. And fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long, as her slender fingers brushed against mine so softly that if I wasn't looking, I wouldn't be sure it even happened.