Chapter 29

As soon as the words left her mouth, my jaw slacked slightly as I looked at her, completely speechless. She was right there, in front of me, with a timid smile and flushed cheeks, telling me she would love to go out with me. On a date. 

Rosie Park would love to go on a date with me.

Millions of thoughts started swarming my mind and suddenly, all the time I've invested in preparing this date went out the window. Suddenly, everything I've thought of seemed like it wasn't good enough for someone of her caliber. It wasn't that she was too fancy or posh. The thing was that all I've thought of became too unworthy of her in an instant. But to be frank, nothing, not even a dinner at the fanciest restaurant in town felt like it was worthy of her.

It was a strange feeling, someone might even call it utterly and completely ridiculous, but to me, she was a blessing. An angel sent from the above to show me that life was still worth living, that someone could still look at me the way she did. And for reminding me of the person I was, while doing nothing but being completely understanding and loving, was something I felt I could never pay her back for.

That's why all of my thoughts and ideas became mediocre. I've wanted it to be lowkey but it just all felt too lame now, too cliché, and undeserving.

And I think a part of me never thought she would agree to go out with me in the first place. That was precisely why I was staring at her like I've seen a Goddess descend from the heavens above (which in my mind, I did), not believing what has actually happened. 

I wanted her to say yes, more than anything, but for her to actually say it, sent me through a whirlwind of emotions. Starting with excitement and utter disbelief, and ending with the feeling of insecurity. 

Rosie meant the world to me and by no means did I want to give her less than she deserved, but then again, nothing I could do would be worthy of her presence. For some reason, even after the night and morning we shared, she still felt like something far out of my reach, something unachievable that one could only dream of. And now she was here, waiting eagerly for my response looking sheepish and nervous as if she was having the same thoughts as me.

I came to the understanding that my mouth was unable to make any sort of sounds as I've attempted to squeeze a word out just for it to get hitched in my throat the second she looked up to meet my gaze.

Right at that moment, the whole world could come crashing down, and I wouldn't even notice. No sounds would reach my ears and no flashing lights would reach my eyes. No flames would be able to burn my skin and no dark clouds would be able to rain on my parade.

Because all I could see, feel, hear, and smell, was her. All of my surroundings became irrelevant and blurry because the only thing my conscious was able to focus on was her entrancing figure.

Her blond hair, that was swaying to the side gently as it was flowing in the wind that rippled through those golden curls. And for some reason it felt like slow motion to me, like a scene from a movie, as a few flowers from the Tipuana tree were blown off and flew past her, their yellow color only accentuating the sunkissed locks of her hair that captivated me every time I got to twirl them between my fingers as she slept soundly.

Those brown eyes that were staring right back at my baffled expression, as I still haven't quite believed what I've heard. Those eyes that got me hooked, that bewitched me and that made me realize that I wasn't able to look away. My favorite pools of brown and gold that I found myself drowning in over and over again without a lifebuoy to hold on to. Those brown orb that held the depths of the ocean, containing her deepest secrets and emotions that I've learned to read. 

Those long eyelashes that landed on her cheeks every time she blinked. They served as a curtain to cover my favorite brown irises only to expose them again, entrancing me afresh, shocking me with their depth as if I've seen them for the first time. Long, black, and thick, making her doe eyes seem even bigger, giving them an innocent look as she looked at me expectantly.