Chapter 27

My mind was blank. The realization seemed to dawn on me just after she left my apartment. My head was spinning and my heart was beating frantically as I watched the door close behind her retreating figure. And though I now realized that what happened was real, and no longer the subject of my fantasies, I still seemed to be unable to process any of it.

Roseanne Park wanted me. Me. It mad no sense whatsoever. Well, it did, after she told me the truth behind what was happening in her head, but it still seemed so surreal to me. Funny how both of us wanted one another while also being scared of being together. How it hurt us both seeing the other with someone else. And how we were both confused about what was happening between us.

Things weren't supposed to end up this way. We should've been just two friends living out their last year in college together. I had a boyfriend, she had a girlfriend and that's how it was supposed to be. Friends were the only word that should've been used to describe the two of us. Rosie and Lisa, the two girls who knew nothing of each other, yet learned that the things that they had in common outclassed the things they didn't.

Maybe we should've even been the kinds of friends, who stayed close even after school and met up regularly for coffee dates and some catching up. That's probably who we should've been. We understood each other better than anyone else could. We were there for each other when the world seemed to turn against us. Our friendship blossomed from her distaste towards me to something beautiful, where I became the only person around who she could be herself fully. The only person, around whom, she laid all her walls down.

We were soulmates. Two lost girls who along the cruel and hard path of life lost sight of who they were, only to meet their lost halves to remind them of who they were. Who they used to be. To show them the people they could become and to inspire each other. She was the yin to my yang and the other way around. And with her, I couldn't help but feel the familiarity in the way, she talked or touched me.

To anyone else, it might sound strange, but I was certain it was true. We've always known each other. A hundred years ago or a thousand. We'we always knew of the others present. That's why it never felt like I was just getting to know her, but instead, I was just remembering who she was. I knew her, even when I didn't. And with every touch and every syllable spoken, I reaffirmed that I have indeed, known her before

She has shaken my world, turned it upside down. She challenged me to be better for myself without even knowing. I changed so much from within because of the lessons she taught me along the way of our friendship.

During our journey, we might have encountered many turbulences that scared us and we ended up pushing each other away. But in the end, we landed safely, back in each other's arms, even if it was hard getting past the strong wind and storm clouds. We always found our way to the safety of one another. There was no way around it. We would always find our way back home. Our souls might have got lost but there was always a light to guide them back to where they belonged.

So when we met, really met, I found out that I found a soul I could connect with on another level. From my past to my passions. From my fears to my goals. From my hopes to my dreams. It was a connection on every level. One that I knew was special, rare and unique. One that I knew was different from the one's friends or lovers share. It went much deeper than just the physical aspect. It went further down, like a rabbit hole and you kept falling and falling, but never hit the ground.

The energy between us was electric and I was scared I would get burnt whenever I was near her. But like the little match girl, I didn't care about the risks. I lit them up anyways, setting myself on fire of her essence.

Like radio waves, the vibe between us was undeniable. Rising and falling with each beat of the heart. With each breath and mutter of the other's name. She was a calling that my tower picked up over and over again like a distress call. And I came running, her voice luring me in like the one of a siren.