Scrolls of Fate

LILITH

Chapter 37

Pissed. That was all I was feeling. In less than five minutes I see the love of my life faints and that traitor disappeared. Just who the fuck she thinks she is? No one gets to hurt my lover and gets away from it. I swear! When I gets my hand on that little prick I'll give her a hell of punishment.

However, when Jessica looked up at me and tries to smile basking a painful look behind that smile all that rage within me was replaced with sour feeling embedded deep in my soul. I pulled in her deeper into me as she couldn't control emotions crying painfully into my arms pain that was so enormous that could instantly  shut her off. All I could do was to watch her cry and carry her. I wanted to know what happened and what did that bastard do to have turned Jessica into this state?

Jessica looked even more worse than the day she was brought into the palace. I got up from the ground and carried her back into her room. I wipe a tear away from her eyes before leaving the room. I want to find the bitch who made Jessica become in this state.

"Lilith?" I looked up. It was my brother, Lucifer. "Why do you look like you might explode?" He commented.

"Well some bitch decided to hurt my lover?"

"Whoa! What? Since when did you have a lover?"

"Like since three days ago. See Lucifer this is what you get when you don't come home for family time."

He shrugged. "I have other things to do too. Now when were you planning to tell me that you have a girlfriend?" He grinned. He knew me so well. We were close to one another especially since our parents were so bigot. I know him too. He had fallen with a crown prince which was captured and put into an eternal sleep that he may never wake up to, but for first time in so long I get to see him smile a little bit more naturally I wonder who was the lucky boy.

"I could ask you the same thing too."

He smile and then a little guilt was replaced in his face. "It's a long story but Lilith I need to ask you for a favor and you must keep it from everyone."

I arched my eyebrow. "I'll do my best to help."

"A friend of mine his wife went missing like three days ago. I tried to find her everywhere but she couldn't be found so I need you to help me find her."

"Sure, I can do that. What's her name?"

"Her name is Jessica. She is also hybrid she has the blood of an enchantress and an angel." My heart suddenly plummets out of my chest. Jessica. Angel. Enchantress. This wasn't just a coincidence. This girl that was sleeping in this guest room is the Jessica he was talking about.

"Lilith what's wrong?" He sensed that I was upset.

"I never knew she is married."

"What do you mean?"

I went into the guest room and Lucifer went in with me. Immediately when he saw Jessica he rushed to her side. "Oh God its Jessica how is she here?"

In the nearby table we sat and talked about everything. He was able to stay calm and listens to everything I had said from the slavery to the party and the deal I had made with her which eventually lead up to the point we fell in love with another. He was happy for me but I wasn't sure I was too happy myself when I had fallen in love with a girl that already has husband and a daughter.

Lucifer grabs my hand and told his story about being summoned by Emma Jessica daughter and how they were being hunted down by the humans whom has special abilities. How Jessica daughter and her husband were the reincarnations of the previous empress and crown prince of Twilight. Now they are in a hiding from their own dimension and from the humans. Emma and Nick these two one of them was the sacrifice to bring the whole dimension and human to becoming pure again.

I understand the situation direly and how Jessica was being in a lurch which made her run out of the house and allowed herself to get captured. I am happy that Lucifer was able to get back his friend and becoming his boyfriend but the other part of me felt pity for her. Now I understand everything clearly.

In a few minutes Jessica woke up from the bed and something in her changed. She open up the palm on her hand and for a moment she look struck. There was a green diamond mark on her forehead.

"Lucifer," she whispered she has no will to fight or argue. She looked almost empty.

"Jessica, I- I am so sorry for everything that had happened. I sincerely apologise."

She shook her head trying to smile. "I am glad Nick has found someone he can love and be protected. I entrust Nick to you. There isn't need for me to stay with Nick anymore. Also, please take care of my daughter."

Something was wrong. She doesn't sound right. "Jessica please don't say that you're going to leave them. Emma still needs no matter what they are still you're family. I am merely just a third wheel."

She shook her head. "All along everything that has lead up to this point was not because Nick had betrayed his kind, but it was because of me. It was all because I existed. With me gone everything should return back to normal."

"What are you saying Jessica?" I was pissed. She jerked upon my voice, but I can't have her say that like she was about to leave and leaving me behind.

"It's true. Lilith I wished this wasn't truth but Key had told me everything."

"Fuck that Key!"

"Lilith stop! You're scaring Jessica."

I seethed in anger. "She's even using a fake name damn it!"

"You don't even know who she is?" She argued.

"I don't care who or what the fuck she is. All I care is that I don't ever want you to leave me if you're thinking you can just disappear then I'll totally disappear along with you."

"You don't understand-"

"I don't care! Jesus!" I sighed in annoyance. "Listen here Jessica I am head over heels for you. I had fallen for you since the minute I met you. All I want is for you to be in my arms."

The room became silent. Jessica turns to look at me. "I'm sorry," she said. "But at least me try to explain the situation." I gave in another sighed.

"Fine," I muttered.

She open up the palm of her hand and I got very irritated when I saw a jade with some ancient language written into it. I shook my head. This stone was written somewhere in a prophecy somewhere in the Scrolls of Fate. My heart began to break. Without a doubt Jessica is the sacrifice.

Scrolls of Fate
Passage 9:27

A Jade filled with words
Can only be hold by the one who save the world
In the midst of chaos
The blood must be served
All then the world will be cured

Just why?