Unique High

EMMA

Chapter 2

The smell of my bed was nice the aroma of rose greeted my nose warmly. The pillow was soft and the bed is the best thing I have slept with for over a long period of time.

I laid on my bed for a long unwilling to get out despite that it was already ten in the morning. I rolled my around my queen size bed lazily and yawned and a tear drops down my eyes. I rubbed my eyes telling myself I should wake up and have breakfast or else I wouldn't end up eating breakfast but brunch. I sat on the side of my bed and my feet touched the cold square tile of the floor.

I saunter to the bathroom and grab toothbrush and brush my teeth with Darlie paste. It was spicy and a cold feeling. Then I took a shower feeling the warm water just flows down my weak body. I should avoid taking such a long bath or else I may feel faint from the low blood pressure.

Walking out the shower with a longer towel around and my body and shorter on my hair I came to the closer to find many beautiful clothing was inside there. This had made me wonder that my parents really cared for me. There were many types of dresses in there they were some plain casual ones and the other side it was the kind for party underneath was t shirt, pants, and long jeans folded neatlt next to one another.

I took out a a short white gymnastics shorts with pockets and a white colored T shirt they were all made out of 100% cotton.

I went down the stairs and searched for the kitchen. The house was huge and for me I think I would liked it if it were a little smaller. I think I may have developed a fear of bigger space.

A big space with nothing inside it will make me think that I am back inside the darkness. I shook the feeling away my stomach was growling for food.

I came across to what it seems a tunnel door. I took a step inside it and overheard a conversation. "Nick, the doctor just called. They just had discovered something different inside our daughter MRI scan. They said that the tumor inside the brain was removed successfully there was nothing wrong. They said maybe purhaps that the memory loss was just temporary."

"Well that's great!"

"No. Nick, there is something else. They said it'll take a week to produce the results, but this only took a day. The doctors they said her brain waves aren't normal."

I walked out. "What do you mean not normal mom?"

She turned around. "I'm sorry hun. I didn't want to let you know like this, but it has been decided by the doctors and the directors."

"What's going on, mom? Am I not cured? Please ma tell me. I am so scared." My hands were trembling I didn't want to go back to the darkness. I was so lonely I didn't have anyone but the strings. I don't want to go back.

"No hun," she hugs me. "You've just developed a strange syndrome. It's not a contagious disease but rather you have just become someone very special to the world. These special people goes to this other school called Unique High. In that school they teaches you how to control your powers and finding it."

"Powers!"

"Yes, I know Emma it's impossible, but you've been in a coma for nine years you have no idea what happen to our world. But now there are people with abilities."

"How am I like them?"

My dad puts his hands on my shoulder. "We are not sure. People with special abilities are usually born with it. While you were in a coma the president in China and America made a news about people with this syndrome it has been there since ancient times but many fails to believe in them and if they do people with this syndrome was captured and do many things bad things to those who had this abilities.