To the world below

EMMA

Chapter 13

It wasn't like me to feel so attached to one person. I have lived so long in that oblivion with nothing but strings for ten years, and I haven't seen any living thing in there with me. Now that I came out I actually felt weak to be able to touch, feel, and fall in love.

It is quite suffocating to fall in love. Scared that I would fall so deep that I won't be able to climb back up, and I knew that by having this feeling. It has proven me that I had fallen in love with Sierra, and I didn't want that. I was scared of getting hurt, and not be able to be myself again.

I gave in a sigh breathing the air of fresh morning into my nostrils and down my lungs. That actually helped me relaxed my mind a bit. I could smell the wet garden the scent of the grass it was quite tranquil. We just started our relationship and I didn't want to get deeper. I am scared of the results after pursuing this love. I didn't want harm come upon her.

It was the best that I left this place for good. It was good for her and me. It was good for us.

A taxi came into a view driving at a slow speed reaching to the front of our school. Kuro and Baishi were shivering were they afraid no.. they were excited. My father stepped down from the taxi walking in and pass the barrier hugging me. I wasn't supposed to be surprised however, I was. My father was the same as me. He had special abilities and we were from the same bloodline. I had inherited powers because of him, and he didn't know about it.

"Dad, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I am just happy. I am glad that you are alright. All this time your mother and I had been worried sick about you."

I smile hugging my father back. This actually felt good, parent love. This is the feeling that I will never forget since coming back from the oblivion. It's been so long since I have felt this kind of parental love. 

"Let's go." My father held my hand and the driver got down from his seat and tries to walk up past the barrier but couldn't. "What's wrong with him," my father said.

I laughed. "Dad didn't you felt something cold when you came in." He looked up at me weird and shook his head. 

"Should I?"

"Yes, because that is what I felt when I walked past the barrier. A barrier that no human can get in but people with abilities."

"Oh?" he said and scratched the back of his head. "We should go. Your mother is worried sick."

I nod my head and we headed inside the car. When we got out only when the driver took my suitcase and put it in the trunk. We both sat on the back seat and we talked until we reached our doorstep. I never knew I would have so much talked to my dad about everything that had happened here in school. And when I mention I had battle dragons or any class S monster his face paled. He never knew that people with abilities had a different ranking and could learn to conjure up strange magic. And he talked more about our bloodline being the most powerful species from below.

Some facts felt so strange but it was very true because I have the exact same symptoms. To be a necromancer our hearts hated to feel, and my father was the same as me until he met mom. That was how he becomes more human. If it weren't for my mother my father would still remain a cruel assassin like he used to be back in the past. 

While in the car I pestered at how cold his personality previous before he met mom. He didn't want to talk about it, but I wanted to know because I am afraid at how cold I could become. When he said he joined being an assassin on his own will and kill his first victim on his first job. He wasn't like the others afraid and couldn't get a good night sleep. He could kill without thinking and in a blink in the eye. He wasn't afraid. He joined because he wanted to see how far his cold personality would go.

That was the only time where my father remained silent and I. After a while I talked to him more about the school, and he was glad that I had experienced many good things. But he didn't like the fact that I was battling the dragons or giants. 

When we came home my mother was at our doorstep sitting on the piano chair waiting for us to come. I heard some great music when I was coming in through the door. She came to hug me happily. "Honey, I was so worried about you. Did you get hurt in school?"

I shook my head it was only because my father said not to tell my mom about it. If she knew that I was battling some strange supernatural in a weird outer world space she would freak and go to the director of the school and throw a fit. It wasn't a good idea since our goal now is to go somewhere safe where no one would find us.

"I had to cancel all the runway show from the boss. He wouldn't have let me go if I didn't say that there was an emergency back home."

"I had cancel mine too. I was about to go to Korea for a tour and signed autographs for my fans, but this is really an emergency and we have to go into a hiding."

"And where do we go into a hiding since the director of the school is very good at finding espers," I commented.

"I know one way, but first your mother has to cover up her human scent."

My mother and I stared at him for a while. "Honey and Emma we are about to enter the world where the director or any espers could find us. We are going to the world below." 

Baishi and Kuro were beginning to shake with excitement and was glowing. They began to transform and turn into their true form flying in the air. My mom took a few steps backward and gasp. My father just stood there frozen in place, unexpected.

I put a hand upon my head.  My parents had obviously never met a real living, breathing, the Chinese dragon. I sighed. My parents most definitely have prepared themselves before going to the world below. There is more to meet than meeting just two dragons.