Selfish Love

NICK

Chapter 32

Going down the stairs headed towards the kitchen to make a little breakfast for me and my family. I found myself going to see the couch to see if Lucifer was still sleeping. I was quite upset when Lucifer wasn't there, but I tried to shake him out of my thought. 

Heading towards the kitchen I had already saw food placed onto the dining table. There was a note left beside the food. I open up the card to see Lucifer handwriting.

Hey Nick,

I know you will be heading towards the kitchen to make some scrumptious breakfast, but too bad I am waking up way before you to finished up work left by my father. So I hope you and your family will enjoy the food that I made on the table. I'll also head towards the mortal realm to catch some grocery needed in the house. See ya at noon!

I smile. Looking at the table there was good looking sandwiches, but I do prefer some sweets in the morning. So I opened up the refrigerator to make something sweet but to find five finely made yogurt parfait filled with strawberry, blueberry and kiwi. Turns out Lucifer still knows what I like to eat.

Taking out the mason jar and opening it up I scooped one mouthed of the yogurt into my mouth it was so delicious. I could tell that the yogurt was made by Lucifer and he sprinkle some almonds with a little sunflower honey onto the yogurt. It tasted heavenly I haven't ate such delicious yogurt for a very long time now. I missed this taste.

Thinking about this it made me wonder how could he betrayed me. How could he leave me when I needed him the most. I needed to ask him. I needed to set things straight with him today.

 ~~ Noon ~~

Looking tired Lucifer carried couple of bags grocery into the kitchen. I quickly got up from the couch and helped him with some grocery bag. We remained silent most of the times before he eyes turns to look at him replying a shy thank you.

I looked at him. "No need to say Thank you. My family and I should be thanking you instead. After all, you did save us from our tragedy."

"I'll do to the best of my abilities to keep you and your family safe. Oh it's your wife still in the room I have to take a shower. I really apologize that my house doesn't have much room. I had never invited anyone to my house before, and I had never thought my house will be the safe haven that your family are staying in."

I smile. "Seriously, stop apologizing for everything despite being the son of the underworld lord you are sure the opposite of evil."

"Hey... being a demon doesn't mean that all demon are evil, Nick."

"True," I laughed. 

"So is your wife still in the room?"

"No she's with Emma and Sierra."

"Great," he smiles. "I need a major clean up after visiting the gate of hell. Ciao!" he waved and disappeared out of the kitchen. I guess he really needed a bath desperately.

After setting up the table with food that Lucifer had bought from the grocery. I shoved my hand into my pocket and found my phone wasn't there. I sighed. I went upstairs to the room forgetting that Lucifer was in the shower. I was flushed when Lucifer was already out of the shower shirtless the towel wrapped around his torso and another small towel in his hands to dry his hair. 

"Nicolas," he said shocked at the sight of him. I knew I should get out of the room but he was looked too sexy in wet hair and despite having small body frame his body showed that he has well toned muscle in his abs, chest and arms. 

"I'm so sorry." I closed the door behind me quickly. "I forgot my phone." I calmed myself down we were both guys we had nothing to be ashamed of, but there he was looking at me afraid. "Lucifer actually I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"Before I was captured by my people you didn't had the chance to explain why you had left me and betrayed me. Right now since I am reincarnated I want to find out why."

He looked at me and sat down onto the bed. "Like you said I didn't had the chance to explain myself when you were captured by your people and right now I'll tell you the full story as to why things had eventually lead up to where we are.

As you know already I am terrified of my father because everything he told me to be I have to be exactly what he want me to be. Everything he says or do I have to do it and it's not by a choice."

"That doesn't explain why you had to kill my wife?"

He looked over at me grimly. "Yes, I know I killed your previous wife and it wasn't by a choice."

I got up feeling angry. "You had the choice."

"No, I didn't." He looked up at me his eyes was telling the truth. "I was controlled by my father."

"What?" 

"During the time when you were captured. I was still here in hell. I didn't know what was going on until one of my underling told me that you were captured and I knew I had to go to your family first to save them before any other beings discovered that you were gone and your family will be exposed to all kinds of danger since you were gone. I knew you would want me to do that. So that is why I went to your family first, but I should've known that was a trapped lead by my father. He had never liked the Twilight. 

So he planted something in me. Before what I was doing your wife blood was already in my hands. Then I realized I really became my father's puppet up to this day I still lived with the guilt on the fact I killed my best friend wife. I am so sorry, Nick. I know you will not forgive and I don't expect you to forgive me." His fingers clenched together tightly he was trembling not from the cold but from the guilt that he had lived for the longest time and the fear I would hate him forever.

I am not oblivious to the point that this man this demon loved me for a very long time, and I am the who should be sorry to him for breaking him so many times for selfishly playing with his love while loving another being. Taking his hands into mine. I looked up to him. "I forgive you."

His eyes looked at me by surprised despite having a bloody red eyes his eyes shown more emotions than any other human being would. Wiping the tear off his eyes. We looked into each other eyes for a very long time. "Can I be selfish again?" I whispered to him.

He looked at with a confused gaze, but before I let him notice what was happening I leaned down to him catching his lips into my mouth very slowly his lips moves in sync with mine. He quickly pinned me down to the bed and sat on the top of my legs. He looked at me with teary eyes. "Love me or hate me. It's your choice Lucifer."

His red eyes was in a dilemma, but words still came out of his mouth. "How can I ever hate you, Nick? Tell me... How could I ever hate you?"

"So does that mean you love me?" I asked staring into his eyes. My heart was heavy and ready with any of the answer he was going to give me. This time taking me by the surprise he was the one who came down to kissed me by the lips his hands travelling to my shirt unbutton them revealing my upper body as his arms wrapped around my naked waist putting his head on my chest. 

"I can never stop loving you, Nick. I can never stop you selfish bastard."

I laughed brushing his hair with my finger. "I know I'm selfish Lucifer but only when it comes to you."

JESSICA

Love me or hate me. It's your choice Lucifer.

My heart plummets out of my chest. I fell onto the floor. I shouldn't never open the door without knocking, but for the first time I could tell Nick was feeling truly free for the first time. Nick had never stroke my hair like that before. He had never smile like this before.

Nick loves Lucifer.