Chapter 24

JLLIAN'S POV

I hear a gun shot and I turn to look at Vanessa unconscious and blood all over her. I was in shock, all I could think of was if she was going to live.  I get out of the car and pull out my phone. I dial 911 and wait for a the operator to start talking

" 911, what is your emergency?" I started to panic, I didn't know if Vanessa was breathing or not. I can't lose my best friend and a one year old can't lose their mom. 

" My friend just got shot!" I yell into the phone

" What is your location?" The operator says calmly 

" Uh... The supermarket on Beacon street," I say and I hear the operator say something and hangs up. I was on the verge of crying. I run over to her as people start to stare. I look up to see Kailey standing there with the gun still in her hands. I shake my head as I hear the siren of an ambulance really close. Kailey stops  to listen and runs away taking the gun. The ambulance stopped in front of the convertible. A police car also came rushing through the parking lot.

" M'am who shot your friend?" The police officer asked as another police officer taped off the scene. 

" She ran that way! Her name was Kailey," I say. The police asks me to show him which direction she ran. I couldn't resist but to run after her. When the police was about to say something into his walkie-talkie I made a mad dash down the sidewalk. I turned my head to see down every alley there was. I didn't know what I was going to do if I did find her. 

" Looking for me?" I hear a voice say that made chills go down my back. I turn to see Kailey holding a gun at her side. 

" What did Vanessa ever do to make her get shot," I ask still keeping my distance from her. 

" Really? Wow, I thought you knew. Niall and I were perfect for each other," She starts to say but I cut her off. 

" You broke up with Niall," I say but she shakes her head

" Yeah, I thought he was going to fail but look at him now," She says as she pulls the gun a bit higher. 

" So, everyone who Niall dates your going to shoot?" I ask and she laughs

" Not only his girlfriends," She says and shoots. I knew she was going to do that so I was prepared to fall onto my back and duck the bullet. Once she noticed that I wasn't shot I quickly got up and made a run for it. I was going to lead her back to police but I had no idea she was such a fast runner. I could run at Vanessa's pace but Kailey had long legs and she was so skinny. I kept running staying ahead of Kailey and got to the supermarket. I saw a police officer still there talking with another person but I screamed as loud as I could to get their attention. I turn to see Kailey grabbing my shoulder and slamming me to the ground. I could hear bones cracking and pain starting to form everywhere. 

 " Put your hands where I can see them," I hear a deep voice shout and I decide to close my eyes and let the police take care of Kailey. 

" Let go of me!" I hear her scream. A paramedic ran over to me and started to check my bones and assured me that I was to be rushed to the hospital. I wince as a gurney is rolled over to me and two paramedics get me onto it. I could only think about Vanessa and how much I was praying for to be alive.

VANESSA'S POV

I was just praying that I was going to wake up when I open my eyes. I was too scared to even think that I may not see Alex or Niall again. I slowly open my eyes to see blurs. Was I in heaven? No, I could hear people talking. I could see Niall pacing back and forth through the little window in the door.