Chapter 36

It's been a full three months, three months since I found about my parents, three months since I've actually had a real conversation with Niall, and three months since I broke off our engagement. At the moment I was shopping with Alex, she needed winter clothing so I decided to take her on a shopping spree. So far she's enjoying it, and I am to, Alex asks about Niall a lot and sometimes asks why we don't talk to each other or don't love each other as much. The truth was that even though I was a bit furious with Niall's decision of keeping the note from me, I actually missed him so much but I keep telling myself to stay friends until I've fully forgiven him, but it's hard to stay mad at him. 

" Look mommy it's daddy! Let's go say hello," Alex points inside of Jack Wills, I groaned as she ran to her dad. I followed close behind her, before I knew it I was face to face with Niall.

" Hi princess," Niall smiles and picks Alex up and plants a sweet kiss on her forehead. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, Niall glances at me and smiles half heartily. 

" Can I keep her tonight?" He asks

" What? No." I muttered.

" Mommy, I want to stay with daddy," Alex rested her head on Niall's shoulder as I let out a loud sigh.

" You win. Just have her at my place by twelve tomorrow," I mumbled. I kissed Alex on the cheek and said goodbye to her, completely ignoring Niall, and walked out of the store. He ruined my day, I was going to spend the day with my daughter and now, I get to spend the night watching stupid soap operas or Dr. Oz. I stumbled into someone and fell back onto a wall, the person fixed his hair and walked over to me, then I realized it was Sean.

" Vanessa!" He smiles and embraces me in a tight hug. Maybe my day wasn't completely screwed, I hugged him back and stepped back.

" How are you and Camille? How was the wedding? I'm so sorry I couldn't come, things got complicated" I asked eagerly.

" We're good, the wedding i was during the summer in Hawaii," He smiles proudly, I nod in approval.

" How's Niall?" I let out a huff and stared at the floor.

" How long has it been since we've seen each other?" I asked.

" Three months," He replies

" We've been apart for the last three months, the engagement is off Sean," I shrugged my shoulders and tried to keep tears from rolling down my cheeks. Out of the corner of my eye there was paparazzi sneaking around, I sighed and pulled Sean into a smoothie shop.

" What's wrong?" He asks looking out the window, I pulled him back as the paps walked by.

" Paparazzi," He nodded, " I'm sorry about you and Niall, how's Alex doing?" He asks.

" Fine" I replied bluntly " She loves her father, and Niall took her from me today. I was shopping with her," I paused and motioned to the shopping bags in my hands " Now, I'm alone, unless Camille wants to come over?" I asked hoping he would call Camille.

" I think she would want to, I'll call her, I'll text you her response. I have to go, but I'll see you soon okay?" He kissed my forehead and just as he was walking away he stopped and turned around to face me. 

" Do you have a place to stay?" He asks, ever since he and Camille got engaged they lived in a flat together.

" Yeah, I'm living in our old house, it's pretty empty but it works," I smiled. It had been a couple years since we've been inside the house we use to share. 

" Okay, bye," He waved and walked away. I tightened my grip on the bags and walked out of the mall. I entered my new RAV4 2013, I got it last month since Niall took the other car. I started the engine and drove out of the parking lot and towards my new old house.