Chapter 33

I closed my eyes as I waited to hear the doctor say the bad news. 

" Alex will have to have to get stitches, Maura will need to get surgery," My eyes opened. I thought he was going to say something else. " Alex is dead," I could already hear the voice inside my head say. But I didn't hear those words, and I'm glad I didn't. 

" She's alive," I heard Niall whisper. I was hugging him not letting go. 

" Niall! She's alive! She's alive and so is your mum!" I shouted and wrapped my legs around him as he swung me around. 

" My mum, I need to see my mum," Niall mumbled as he put me down. 

" She's in the room across," The doctor pointed behind us. Niall looked behind us and then back at me.

" I'll be back," He says to me. He kisses my forehead and enters through the door and then closes it shut behind him. I took a deep breath. 

" I need to see Alex," I demanded.

" That won't be necessary," The doctor said sternly. 

" It is necessary, do you have any idea how much I miss my daughter?" I asked him. I pushed him aside and entered the door that led to Alex. 

" Alex!" I cried and ran to her. She wasn't waking up.

" Why won't she open her eyes?" I asked the doctor.

" She's fine, she's just suffering from a concussion, She'll wake up soon," The doctor said entering the room. 

" I'm sorry," I mumbled. Alex was cleaned up and had several cuts on her arms, legs, and face. I exited the room as the doctor ignored my apology, I totally deserved it. I saw Niall outside in the hallway and I hugged him. 

" Are you okay?" I took a pause " Is Maura alright?" I asked him in a worried tone. 

" She's fine," Niall said and wrapped his arm around me. As he pulled me into a hug I hear several footsteps running towards us. I pulled out of the hug me and Niall were in and I got pulled into another hug.

" Hey guys," I managed to get out as the boys squeezed me.

" Is Alex okay?" I hear Zayn say.

" Yeah, she's fine, she needs to get stitches, but she'll be fine," I say to them as they step away from the hug.

" Where's Jill?" I ask Zayn.

" Oh." Zayn said rubbing the back of his neck.

" They got into a argument," Liam said to me.

" Zayn, you know she loves you," I say to him and hugged him. Jillian was my best friend, I know her like nobody does. If she loves something or someone, she'll never let them go. 

" Thanks," Zayn said. I could tell he was torn. 

" You look tired, I'll stay here and watch Alex," Liam said to me.

" I don't want to go home,"  I stuttered. 

" C'mon let's go get some sleep, two hours tops," Niall said to me as he came up from behind me.

" Okay," I mumbled. Niall put his hand in mine and took me outside where Paul waited for us. 

" Hey Paul," I grumbled as I entered the van. 

" You guys look exhausted let's get you guys home." Paul says to us and starts the car. I leaned in a snuggled up to Niall's chest. He smiled as I did this.

" Let's save it for the hotel," Niall says to me. I roll my eyes at him and sat back in my seat. Paul stopped in front of the hotel and we both hopped out. 

" Come on," Niall said to me pulling me into the hotel and into our room. He shut the door behind us and put his arm around me.  

" Niall what are you up to?" I ask him as he runs his hand down to my thigh.

" Oh nothing," He said to me and leaned in to give me a kiss.

" I've lost my V-card, okay I enjoyed that night, but I'm not taking out the V-card again," I smirked at him as he got closer. It was hard to say no to this irish lad. 

" I..." Niall cut off by the sound of his phone go off.

" Shit." He mumbled.

" Niall," I said to him with one eyebrow raised. 

" I don't care," Niall said throwing his phone onto the couch. 

" Niall, it might be important," I say to him and retrieve the phone. I look at the text. 

" It's Louis, he says that he hopes we're using protection," I laughed and put the phone in Niall's pocket. Niall carried me into the room and I didn't resist. 

Louis's POV

I sent the text message to Niall and then slid the phone into my pocket. 

" How's she doing?" I asked Liam as he exited the room Alex was in.

" She's okay," He says to me. Good, I was glad Alex was okay. She was like my daughter kind of, I treated her like she was. I guess I was like another daddy direction. I heard footsteps walk down hallways and the empty hallways were kind of creepy. I pulled Harry next to me on the couch. 

" What's up boobear?" He asks me. All of a sudden I heard a voice inside the room Alex was in. I burst through the door and saw Alex sitting up on the hospital bed. 

" Boobear!" She shouted weakly.

" Lexer!" I said to her and give her a small hug.

" Ow! That hurts," She mumbles. I forgot she was hurt, good going Louis you kind of hurt a three year old, four? I don't remember. That's not good. 

" Sorry sweetheart," I said to her and kissed her forehead. 

" That's okay," She says and looks at the cuts on her arms.

" Why do I have boo boos? Louis! There's red stuff, am I going to be okay?" She asks me. For a three year old four? Anyways she was smart. She's going to be four soon but for her to be thinking these things, she must be very scared. 

" Alex, you'll be fine," I say to her in the most calm voice I could do. 

" Promise?" She asks me.

" Yeah," I say to her. She lays back down and studies her arms. 

" Why don't we play a game?" I ask her.

" Like what?" She asks me looking up from her arms and into my eyes. Our blue eyes looked into each other's and i smiled at her.

" I spy," I said to her. 

" Okie dokie!" She says excited and I start.

" I spy with my little eye, a gray shaped square," I say to her.

" Is it the TV?" She asks

" Yup," I say to her and tickle her nose.

" Okay, I spy with my little eye," She says copying what I had said before. She thinks for a little while.

" Red lines," She says to me. My smile turns into a frown and so does her. She was talking about her cuts.

" Louis, what if I'm not okie dokie?" She asks me.

" What do you mean?" I ask her.

" A lady took me from mummy, when I got to her home I saw cuts on her arms, I saw someone lying on a bed, not waking up and they had more boo boos," She said to me. I thought back to Kailey. What did she show this innocent child? 

" I promise, everything will be okay," I say to her. She smiles and goes back to sleep. I felt bad for her. She was like a mini Niall. I smiled at her as she fell asleep. A doctor walked in with a nurse, I guess he didn't notice me because he kept on talking.

" Poor girl, I'm 60% sure she won't make it through the surgery I have to tell the parents about," 

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT! THANKS LOVES!