Chapter 35

I glanced at Niall and he looked a tad nervous.

" Erm, I'll talk to him," I groaned and shuffled out of the room before Niall could stop me. I slowly stepped into the waiting room and spotted Danny sitting down in a chair, he was doing something on his iPhone but stopped as soon as he saw me. 

" How's Alex?" He snarled as he got up and approached me. I felt a bit safer with security around him so I replied.

" Fine, what are you doing here?" I raised and eyebrow, he pushed me aside with his shoulder as he walked past me and into the hospital room Alex was in. 

" Stop!" I shouted after him and speed walked up to him, he was already in the room staring down at the very tired Alex.

" Mommy look!" Alex pointed to Danny, " He's got a boo boo," She cried and did a face palm as she giggled when Niall picked her up. I looked at Danny, he had a deep open wound in his arm, I looked away in disgust.

" Too much for you? It didn't seem that way when you were in my bed last night," He smiled. What? What the hell was he talking about.

" Vanessa?" Niall glanced over at me, I shook my head, he was lying. He just wanted to drag me and Niall apart. Niall totally understood though and shrugged it off. 

" Don't believe me?" He asks winking at me and pulling something from his back pocket.

" Security!" I yelped, I thought it was a gun. I didn't know why I shouted, but it was like a reflex, I was just scared. Two police officers came busting through the door and stood by me and Niall as Niall cradled Alex in his arms.

" Relax, I was just going to leave some pictures," He smiled a devilish smile and slowly placed a folder on the coffee table and left as the police men ushered him out. Niall reached for it after putting Alex down but I grabbed it so fast I almost fell when I came to a halt. 

" Vanessa, are you keeping something from me?" He asks suspiciously.

" No, of course not. Why would you think that? I don't know what's in here," I muttered holding the folder close to my chest.

" He said they were pictures," He rolled his eyes as he snatched the folder from me and pulled it open. He looked at one very seriously and shut the folder with anger... oh no what was in there? 

" Niall, what was in there?" I asked a bit scared.

" Nothing," He forced a smile onto his face. He placed the folder on his seat and sat on it, there was no way I was going to take a peek into that folder now. Ugh Niall why can't I see them? 

" Can you get me a coffee babe?" I asked cheerfully.

" Sorry, I'm watching Alex," He didn't even glance at me, he was avoiding me. What was in that folder?

" Can you get my purse from the car?" I tried another question

" Your purse is right next to you," He moaned and pointed to the floor where my purse sat and put his attention back to Alex. I hit my head against the wall quietly in frustration, Niall is getting on my last nerve.

" Niall give me that folder," I snapped

" No" He replied slimply

" Give it!" 

" No"

" Your acting childish"

" You are, why can't you trust me. There's nothing to see," He muttered

" Then let me see them if nothing is wrong," 

" Vanessa," 

" Don't," I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the room. He ran after me, but I had hidden in the janitor's closest already. Once Niall was out of sight I ran back into the room and opened the folder that was on the seat. 

It wasn't me... and it wasn't Niall either...

" Vanessa," Niall croaked as he found me in the room.

" My parents," I chocked out as I looked down at the pictures of my parents. I hugged it close to my chest, as Niall touched my shoulder but I flinched away. 

" Mommy," Alex began

" It's alright, here watch something okay?" I said to her and handed the remote to her.

" Niall we need to talk," I mumbled and pulled Niall out into the hall, a few tears fell but I quickly wiped them away. 

" Vanessa..."

" Let me talk," I spat " Why didn't you show me these pictures, these are pictures from the accident," I took a deep breath. 

" It wasn't an accident," He winced as he said this. 

" What?" I asked really confused.

" There was a note," He started but he refused to go on.

" Niall tell me," I ordered as I let more tears fall down. I was angry, he wouldn't tell me something that is so important to me.

" Danny left a note, in the folder. I have it, but if you read it, you can't go on looking for clues or anything like that, you promise?" He asks and stares into my eyes.

" Yes!" I blurted out.

" Here," He pulls his hand out of his coat pocket and reveals a piece of crumpled up notebook paper.  I read it to myself once the note was in my hands it read :

Mommy and Daddy aren't here, Alex doesn't have her other grandparents, and you. Your a pathetic bitch that doesn't have parents. Your lucky Niall has his parents, of course i bet it's nice having them around. But one more thing... The car accident your parents were in, it wasn't an accident. It was me, we were together and our relationship was fine. But I never really got you in bed then and I never will so everything comes with a punishment doesn't it? 

Goodbye Vanessa P.S. left you wondering didn't I? Want answers? One night at my place is all it costs

- Danny

" And you were going to keep this from me?" I asked Niall about to break down then and there.

" No, I wasn't going to give it to you now..." He ruffled his hair and I furrowed my eyebrows.

" You mean you were going to give it to me when I was over it? Niall this is so important to me, and you know what maybe I'm over you," All my emotions came pouring out, but not in the way I wanted them to.

" You really mean that?" He says teary eyed

" Yes, No! I don't know Niall, I can't give you an answer right now," I groaned " But for now our engagement is off," I hesitatingly took my ring off and shoved it into his, I guess this was goodbye Mrs. Horan for now...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know I haven't updated in such a long time so I though I would since I didn't have writer's bock and this spilled out. Have a great day! I left in a spot with so much suspense but I will update soon! I promise! 

-Elle!