Chapter 31

Bobby walks in with Alex in her arms and I was embarrassed to have him see me all teary. 

" Why don't we all get something to eat?" Bobby asks. I look up at him and he smiles at me. I look over at Niall and nod, I was trying to not be selfish and make everyone sad so I agreed. I stood up and grabbed my coat and purse. I gave Bobby Alex's coat and he quickly put the coat on Alex. We walked out of the room and out of the hotel where Paul waited for us. 

" Dad, this is Paul," Niall says gesturing over to Paul, " Paul, this is my dad," Niall gestured to the other direction where Bobby was standing. 

" So where are we headed?" Paul asks us. 

" Um, I think we're going to friendly's," Niall says looking back at us and we nod. This was Alex's favorite restaurant in the whole world, every time she heard the word friendly's she would go nuts. Alex started to twist and turn in Bobby's arms. He laughed as she did this, For some reason I had a flashback. I saw my dad playing with me when I was five, this must have been the only time he's ever played with me. I reached my hand out wanting to touch the image in my head but it all disappeared. I was in shock, I went back to reality where we were all getting in the car. During the whole car ride I was silent, thinking about my mum and dad. I hold my purse close to me like if someone was about to steal it. 

" You okay love?" Bobby asks me with a worried look. 

" Um, yeah just really hungry," I lied. Great I just lied to Bobby, this isn't how I wanted my relationship with Niall's parents to go. 

" I'll pick you guys up in about an hour," Paul says to us as he stops the car in front of Friendly's. Bobby opened the car door taking Alex out of her car seat and into Friendly's. I followed them into the restaurant while Niall told Paul something. Bobby picked a booth and had a server get a high chair for Alex. Bobby placed Alex in her high chair and I scooted into the seat across from Bobby. Niall walked in and sat next to me, he held my hand making it warm. I smiled at him and then back at the floor. 

" So how long will you be staying?" Niall asks his dad. 

" Oh, I'm staying for only three days, I'm quite busy back at home. I wish I could stay longer though," He said with a frown. 

" Mum's staying here for a week," Niall mumbles. Bobby sighed, I looked at Niall who was playing with his hands, I think he was mad about something but I couldn't guess what it was. A server walked over to us and took our orders. I ordered Alex chicken nuggets and a salad for myself. Niall and Bobby ordered something else but I wasn't paying attention to it, I was paying attention to the man who kept staring at us from time to time. Why would he be staring at us? I kept seeing tiny flashes of light come from his coat and I sighed, Paparazzi. Just what we needed, I could see the headlines now. " 1D meets the parents!" I kept saying that in my head. I typed paparazzi on my phone then showed it to Niall under the table. He sighed as he read the screen. I then showed it to Bobby who also sighed, he wasn't probably use to this but I tried to act normal as the man stared back at me. All of a sudden millions of paparazzi were outside trying to get in but the Friendly's manager was kind enough to lock the doors. Alex was frightened by all the flashes and began to cry. Bobby took her out of the high chair and sat her on his lap. She stopped crying when her chicken nuggets came and I laughed. 

" Just like your father," Niall turns and looks at me but laughs. 

" It's true," Bobby says laughing. I turned around to the man at the booth who kept staring at us but he was gone. I hope he didn't get any embarrassing pictures of us. We all finished eating and left through the back door. As I was about to leave I get hit by the door and I fall to my feet. I could feel my head throbbing and millions of pictures getting taken. I close my eyes trying to block the flashes but my head hurt to much and the flashes were getting brighter and brighter. I kept getting hit by cameras and I could hear Niall trying to make his way to me but the paparazzi wouldn't let him. My head hurt way too much and getting smacked with heavy camera cases and lens made me get a concussion. I only saw a few lights and I heard Niall's faint voice. Why is it always me ending up getting hurt? 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know this is a short chapter but I have a huge test on Monday and tuesday and I have to study so I just wanted to get one last update done before the test! I promise a long chapter for the next update!