Chapter 40

All your comments mean the world to me! Keep voting, reading, and commenting! I love you all. 

xoxo Ellie

" Please call me back, I can explain everything." 

"  I dont know where you are, and that scares me. Answer my calls, I'm begging you."  

" Don't do this." 

I deleted the tenth message from today, sliding the phone across the floor from me. I stared at it as it lit up again, ignoring just as I had all the other times. Harry sat beside me in the new hotel floor, flipping through tv channels to pass time. 

" You don't have to stay here. I won't judge you if you take your things and leave," I muttered, bringing my knees to my chest. He turned to me, taking my hands in his and and shakes his head. 

" I would've left a while ago if I didn't care." He smiles and for a moment it made me feel better, knowing someone truly was there for me. I checked in with Sean, who was taking care of Alex for the time being. I didn't want her to see me like this, I didn't want to explain all this to a five year old. She cried that night when she left with her uncle, begging me to stay. 

And that night I stayed home, hating myself for not being strong enough for the both of us. 

Since that lunch I haven't talked to Niall and I've only kept contact with Harry and Eleanor, sometimes Louis. She always comes by for lunch and Harry for dinner, keeping it a secret from Niall. The phone rang again and this time I reached for it and answered. 

" H-hello?" Niall stuttered, practically stunned that I had answered. 

" Just tell me one thing Niall." I mustered up. 

" Yeah? Anything, ask away. God, it's great to hear your voice again." He began. 

" Stop." I said angrily. " Just tell me, was it easy to just forget about me?" He was at a loss for words. I closed my eyes tight, refusing to let a single tear fall. 

" It was one drunken night after a concert. I lost control and then one thing led to another. I left as soon as I realized what had happened. You were the first thing I had the thought of, our family. You and Alex mean the world to me and I would do anything for a second chance." It was too hard to hold back the tears that stung my eyes. He had tapped into my heart again. 

" You don't know how much I want you to just come home, and forget this." It took of all of me to say that, and it almost felt as if I was gasping for another breath of air. 

" I can come home, things can be the same." He insisted. 

" I can't pretend like nothing happened." I cried. 

" I know, and all we can do is try." I could hear him holding back his emotions too, both of us trying to be the strong ones. 

" I can't do this. Goodbye Niall, I'm done. It was nice being part of your life for a while." 

author's note:

This is just a small filler, I've made a twist in the story and I'm excited to show you guys. Also I'm writing a 5 seconds of summer fan fiction. I'm sorry if this isn't great.