Say Something

Prompt by: Janafo28

A month has passed since you saw Lena kiss Emily. No one knew what happened and you wanted to keep it that way. Even if that meant that you had to keep everything inside. It was a terrible thing to do but it was the only way you could deal with the fact that Lena cheated on you. If no one knew, then it didn't happen.

Your life had turned upside down. There were a lot of time that you wished you could just get up and leave but you couldn't do that to Lauren. You knew she needed her two moms, even if Lena was barely around.

Lena had been doing everything and anything to fix things. She bought you things, wrote you letters, upped her romantic gestures but nothing worked. You refused to speak to her. She didn't deserve to explain herself. She had cheated on you and you were never going to forgive her.

Since Lauren was still clueless about what had happened, you would only pretend to be the loving wife and mother around her and Leon. You refused to break their hearts. They were your only happiness now and you weren't going to upset them.

X

"Mrs. Luthor, your wife is here."

At the mention of your last name, it made you clench your jaw in anger. You used to loved hearing it but now it just brought you pain.

After what had happened, you told your secretary that Lena wasn't freely allowed anymore. She gave you a questioning look but didn't demand any answers. There was no doubt in her mind that something had happened but it wasn't her place to know what had happened.

"Let her in."

Lena steps in, heart breaking when you don't even bother to look up at her. She doesn't say anything as she slides a stack of papers.

Your heart starts to beat faster as you realize what they could be. Without saying anything, you read through it. The more you read, the angrier you got. The only reason you had stayed was because of your kids. Otherwise, you would've filed for divorce that very same day. Instead of dealing with her own feelings, Lena was just taking the easy way out.

You didn't say anything as you signed every doted lined that had a post-it for you. 5 minutes later and you were done. That's it. It only took 5 minutes to end your marriage. You finally look-up to see the shocked expression that Lena had. You could tell she wanted to cry but you paid no attention to it. You stopped caring about her the moment she stopped caring about you.

"If that's all, Ms. Luthor. I'd like you to leave."

Your tone as cold as it was when you caught her.

Lena wipes away her stray tear and grabs the papers. Rushing out to her car and finally letting herself cry.

It was over. You weren't Mrs. Luthor anymore and neither was she.

:(