Priorities

Prompt by: Janafo28

You had just finished the last meeting of your morning and was now looking through your schedule to see what was next. You smiled brightly when you realized that today was going to be the day where you would be going out to lunch with a dear old friend. Max had been the one that had been there for you since college and you missed him. The two of you would always try to spend some time together after college but none of you had the time or neither of you were at the same place.

You were just getting ready to head out when you received a call from Lena. Never one to decline any of her calls, you answered.

"Hey, love. What's up?"

"Decided to head out of the office early and was wondering if you wanted to go out a shop for new clothes for Lauren. Are you free?"

"I was actually on my way to meet with Max."

"That was today?! Oh I'm sorry. I had forgotten. Don't worry about it. I'll just call my driver and let him know to come pick me up."

"Lena.."

"Oh no no. I want you to have fun with your friend. You haven't seen him in a while. Take care and I'll see you back home. I love you."

"I love you too."

You didn't waste another second and called your friend to apologize and reschedule for another day. He understand and was fine with moving it back another day. You thanked him and rushed to your car to head out before traffic started.

You were stuck in traffic for the longest time but you ended up arriving at your house when Lena was just heading out with Lauren.

"Love? What are you doing here? I thought you were having lunch with your friend."

"Priorities."

You said with a smile. She returned it, kissing you and following you back to your car. You apologized to her driver for making him drive all the way out here and then made your way to the mall to spend time with your wife and daughter.