My Most Favorite Sound in the World

Prompt by: Janafo28

(Years before Lena met you)

"Then you know what....but I......then....."

Lena said excitedly. Talking to her boyfriend about her latest find on her research project. She knew that he hated when she talked about them, but this was important to her. Surely, he would at least pretend to care just this once.

"My god, Lena!"

He moved her out of the way as he couldn't look at the screen.

"I didn't know you could talk so much. Can you just shut up for a second?"

He yelled to her before going back to his game.

"I'm sorry."

Lena mumbled to him before rushing out of his place.

(Lena when you are dating)

"Then you know what....but I......then....oh."

Just like before, Lena had made a discovery on one of her projects and was excited to tell you. She had been in the middle of explaining it all to you when she stopped. Remembering what had happened when she told someone about her research. She really liked you and didn't want to scare you off.

"Lena, why did you stop? Are you okay?"

Lena forces a smile and discreetly wipes away her tears.

"I'm sorry. I just talk too much, nevermind. I didn't mean to bother you."

You take her hand, gently pulling her down to sit on your lap. She had been way too excited to sit on the couch as she talked about her project.

"Lena! You could never bother me. Keep talking! Your voice is my favorite sound in the world, and I love hearing about your latest discovery. You're completely adorable when you get all excited about what you discovered."

"Really?"

Lena asked, not quite believing that you actually enjoyed listen to her talk about her research.

"Yes, silly! Now tell me everything."

Lena smiled and cuddled close to you as she continued explaining what she found. It was that very day that she could never love anyone as much as she loved you. She was going to marry you one day.