Illegal

Prompt by: Janafo28

(Flashback to before dating Lena)

You're packing your things for a quick case the your commanding officer wanted you to partake. In your place, someone else had taken over for the weekend to protect Lena. Right as you're about to leave the house, you receive a phone call from Lena. You groaned loudly and debated as to whether or not to answer it. No doubt that she was going to call you for something. But just in case it was for an emergency, you answered.

"What?! I'm on leave, remember?"

Lena rolls her eyes at your answer.

"I know but this is important, Daniel, my driver, excused himself because he had a family emergency and I don't trust this new guy to drive me."

"I'm not a freaking chauffeur! Can't you drive yourself?"

Lena was already running late and didn't have any time to argue with you. She needed to be picked up now. Excusing herself from the other guy, she went to the bathroom for some privacy.

"I'm not giving you an option here, I am your boss, remember. So come here and pick me up."

You muted your phone and yelled curse words at her. A minute later and you unmute her again.

"Fine. I'm on my way."

You pull out of the driveway and head to Lena's apartment to pick her up. She's waiting outside without the other agent when she gets in your car.

"Where's Mark?"

"I ditched him. Didn't trust him."

"Lena! He's..."

You're interrupted by a call from your commanding officer. You don't hesitate to answer it, finding that you were needed back at the office in the opposite direction. Not wanting to argue with Lena, you turn the car around at the next U-turn.

"What are you doing? My meeting is the other way."

"My boss needs me! You can wait for a few more minutes."

The two of you argue back and forth until eventually Lena gives in, seeing that she wasn't going to win.

"What a douchebag."

She mumbles. Lena continues to mutter under her breath but you just ignore her as you park.

"Stay."

You tell her as you get out. But not before locking the car so she wouldn't be able to get out on her own. Lena tries to open it but is unable to.

"Wha..don't leave me here!"

"Act like a child and be treated like a child."

"You fucking idiot! It's illegal to leave your child locked in your car!! Get me out of here!!"

Is all you can hear as you walk to the entrance.