THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 41

CHAPTER 41:

CALEB’S  POV:

I’m so going to end up in a fight tonight.  I just know it.  The question is, whose @ss will I be kicking?  I look at Jared where he is leaning in a doorway across the room, glaring at me.  I look over to Ian, where he is working his meager charm on Cece, trying to get in good with the best friend.  As long as they don’t try to jump me together, I’d be fine with taking them on one at a time.  And taking my time with each one of them. 

Jared must feel so smug right about now.  Since I supposedly proved him right and broke Gianna’s heart.  What about my heart?  Pretending that I’m unaffected by the breakup has been hard on me.  But no, I’m a player.  Players don’t have feelings, they don’t love.  No one ever feels sorry for the player

And Ian is a whole other mess.  He’s currently playing the part of the ‘sensitive guy friend’.  Just wants what’s best for Gianna, just wants to be her friend, blah, blah, blah.  Yeah right.  Does he just want her to irritate me?  Okay, so maybe that’s a little vain of me, since Gianna is one of the  most beautiful girls either of us has ever met.  Plus she’s cool as hell.  Especially when she’s happy.  Look at him over there, sucking Cece into his sleazy web. 

I do nothing to hide my smile when Dante comes over and puts his arm around Cece, with a glare for Ian.  My boy, Dante, knows all about my ongoing rivalry with Ian.  Sometimes I steal the girl Ian is messing around with, sometimes he steals the girl that I’m messing around with.  The girl has never been important before, just a means for us to f*ck each other over. 

Gianna is important.  She is not one of those meaningless skanks or bimbos that we’ve fought over in the past.  I intend to make that clear to Ian tonight.  He messes around with her and he’ll be hurting.  I don’t care if I have to fight dirty. 

I glance around the living room.  Gianna is still nowhere in sight.  After she got off work at the club, I hopped into my Mustang and followed her and Ian to Jared and Cece’s house.  Yeah, so I was a little more than pissed that she went with Ian in his car.  If she wasn’t in the car with him, I may have rammed the back of his yuppie black BMW. 

My plans for tonight included myself and Gianna, alone, cuddling on a couch somewhere.  Quality time type of stuff.  Not me being forced to spend time with her crew, who probably hates me for ‘hurting her’ and being the catalyst in her dropping them for a few weeks.  And on top of it, I have to look at Ian’s ugly mug. 

I’m so close to just grabbing Gianna and taking her somewhere where we can be alone and talk.  The talking would involve me outting her mom’s blackmail scheme and telling her that she’s my everything.  That I love her as much, if not more, than she loves me.  The talking would be followed by her showing me how much she loves me back.  Oh yeah. 

I’ve thought it before and I’ll think it again, I should have never brought her back from Las Vegas.  We could have lived off my savings until we found work.  I laugh derisively to myself, imagining what kind of work we’d find there, with no real experience.  Gianna would have probably ended up as a stripper and me, well . . .

According to haters like Julie, I’ll never amount to anything.  I’m just a juvenile delinquent on his way to being a career criminal.  So, maybe a place like Vegas is perfect for me.  Lots of cons and crime going down everyday. 

Some hoe that one of the crew brought back from the club is giving me sex eyes from two sofa cushions over.  I’ve been doing my best to ignore her, but she’s, at this moment, in the process of scooching her unwanted drunkass next to me. 

Ian smirks at me and exits into the kitchen.  I should so sick her on him.  The words ‘hot mess’ come to mind as I glance sideways at her.  I imagine her passing out with her head on my lap at the same moment that Gianna walks back into the room.  With the way my life has been going, that would be just my luck. 

I scoot over the one inch that I have to spare before my right thigh is flush with the armrest.  She turns her head and opens her mouth to speak, the smell of beer on her breath is strong.  “What’s your name, hottie?”  With her hand on my thigh, near my junk, I feel kinda victimized. 

Seriously?  I mean, seriously?  Please go away. 

I smile at her, “No hablo ingles.”  Thank god I paid attention in Spanish class.

Her mouth drops open, “What?”

“Usted es una puta,” again, I smile delightfully at her. 

She gives me a confused half-smile, “Did you just say that I’m pretty?”

Oh brother, this girl is muy estupida.  I clear my throat and try not to laugh, “Actually, I just said that you are a slut.”

I should have seen the slap coming, but I’m distracted by Ian reentering the room with a beer in his hand.  He witnesses the slap and laughs, but I give him payback.  Looking back at the girl, I say, “I’m sorry, I’m a jerk.”  Then I point over to Ian, “See that guy over there?”  At her nod, I continue, “Well, he’s a really nice guy, you should go talk to him.”

She licks her lips, “He’s a hottie too.”  Oh yeah, baby, eat him alive. 

“Um yeah, if you say so,” I mumble as she staggers to her feet in her ridiculous platform shoes and goes to bother a person who couldn’t be more deserving of her attention. 

Less than a minute later, Ian is getting a slap AND a kick from the hot mess.  I’m almost jealous.  Was I not worthy of a kick to the shin also?  I almost feel guilty for siccing her on Ian.  I break a girl’s heart with a smile, he does it with a sneer. 

After the girl stomps off in her heavy shoes, Ian saunters arrogantly over to me, sitting at the other end of the couch, “When have I ever been interested your castoffs, Caleb?”

“Do you consider Gianna one of my castoffs, douche?” I ask him with one eyebrow raised. 

Ian’s face goes less arrogant and more, dare I say it, soft.  “Gianna is different.  Better.” He meets my eyes again, “Much too good for you.”

“Even much more too good for you then, jerk,” I glare at him. 

“I want her,” Ian says as if I give a crap.  As if that settles the matter. 

“You want her to piss me off, prick,” I say through clenched teeth. 

He looks at me with surprise and I’m annoyed that I can’t figure out whether or not it’s genuine, “This isn’t about you and me, and our childish rivalry, Caleb.  I want her for herself, not because it would upset you.”  He smiles evilly, “Of course, the fact that it would piss you off would be a bonus.”

“I don’t have to listen to you.  I’m going to go find Gianna, dickhead.”  I leave the living room and go in search for her the way I saw her go when we first got here.  She was still in her work clothes and went down the hallway to Cece’s room to change. 

When I get there, the door is slightly ajar and the light is off.  I open it more and switch the light on.  Gianna’s duffel bag is there on the bed, but no sign of her. 

I follow the noise to the back of the house and peer through the window of the back door.  The backyard patio lights are on and I see Gianna standing amongst members of the crew.  I open up the backdoor, step outside and shut it behind me.  The weather is starting to get cold with fall ending and I’m sure the Ramirez family would appreciate me not upping their heating bill. 

Unfortunately, Jared has made his way back here and he, along some of the other guys, are showing Gianna a few dance moves.  Catching her up on what she’s missed out on, I’m sure.  She has a silly grin on her face, so I don’t have the heart to interrupt yet.  I pull back a patio chair from the patio table and take a seat. 

I guess the sound of my chair scraping against the cement alerted everyone to my presence cause, when I look up, most everyone’s eyes are on me.  I have to say, some of the looks that the guys are giving me are not very nice at all.  Shame on them. 

Gianna says something to them and then starts walking across the grass to me.  She looks great, wearing a pair of skinny jeans, the same black motorcycle boots from the club and a blue thermal hoodie.  Her dark blond hair is in a pony tail and I think about letting it down later tonight and running my fingers through it.  Touching her all over, actually. 

She smiles sweetly when she reaches me, but then the acidic words come out of her mouth, “Hey, where’s Ian?”

I try to keep a straight face, “Last I saw, he was making out with some drunk girl from the club.”

“Really?  I thought he was gay.”  Her face is all scrunched up in confused thought. 

I can’t play it cool any longer, I bust out laughing.  “Why did you think that?”

She shrugs, “I dunno.  He’s just so sweet and sensitive.”

So, Ian’s plan is backfiring.  I mentally rub my hands together.  All the better for me.  When I look back up at Gianna, she’s grinning.  I narrow my eyes at her, “What?”

“I can’t believe you fell for that.  I just wanted to see the look on your face, Caleb.  Ian is so NOT gay that he could be your long lost manwhore twin.”  Gianna looks gleeful. 

I grab her by the waist and pull her down onto my lap, “Come here, bratty princess.”

She’s laughing hysterically.  She catches her breath.  “Tell the truth, Caleb.  Did the thought of Ian being gay put that happy look on your face cause it means that you have me all to yourself tonight, or is it something else?  Hmmm?  Were you hoping I’d put in a good word for you to my gay BFF?”

“Shut up brat,” I murmur before bringing her face to mine for a kiss.  Ah, this is what I’ve been dying for.  “I’ve missed you.”

She opens her eyes and looks at me, “Did you miss me so much that you called me on Tuesday?  Did you talk to me in school on Wednesday?  How about Thursday?”  She shakes her head, “I thought not.”

She gets up off my lap and sits in a chair next to me, eyeing me unhappily.  I run a hand through my hair in a frustrated gesture, “I told you that I have my reasons.”

“Yes,” she says slowly, “But you haven’t informed me of what those reasons are.  Considering the fact that I’m the one who’s getting hurt, don’t you think that I should be the one person who you should be explaining them to?”

This isn’t working.  This whole situation, plan of action, that I’m taking is only succeeding in putting distance between Gianna and myself.  If I continue on this path, Julie will win in the end because Gianna will become so bitter that she won’t want anything to do with me anymore. 

I look over her shoulder to where I’m receiving a few warning looks from her friends.  Taking a deep breath, I take the risk, “Gianna, if I promise to tell you everything, will you leave with me right now?”

He mouth parts in shock and her eyes go wide, “Really?  Everything?”

Standing up, I grab her hand and bring her to her feet, “Yes, come on.”  I pull her along with me through the back door and into the house, stopping by Cece’s room to pick up her bag and going into the kitchen to exit through the garage.  Successfully circumventing Ian in the living room. 

“I should really tell Ian that I’m leaving,” Gianna says as I continue to drag her along. 

Opening the passenger door of my car for her, I shake my head, “I can’t be positive, but I’m pretty sure Ian can read.  Text him.”  Shutting the door for her, I rush around the car, just picturing someone coming out the front door to halt us, Ian, Jared, even Cece.  I throw her bag into the backseat before starting the car. 

And were off.  And the house is in my rearview mirror, just like I’ve been dreaming of for the past hour.  I drive a few minutes away until we are at the park where I first asked her to be my girlfriend.  Well okay, I kind of just told her that she was going to be my girlfriend.  The parking lot on this side of the park is empty.  I turn off the ignition and turn to look at her. 

Even in the dark, I can see how sad she looks, her eyes are shimmering with tears.  And I break. 

Dragging her into my body, I start tugging at her clothes.  I have her down to nothing in a minute or two.  At the same time that I’m pushing her onto her back with one hand, I’m unzipping my jeans with the other hand.  I enter her roughly, but she’s ready for me.  I thrust in and out of her wildly, kissing any part of her within reach of my mouth.  Like a emotional dam that’s broken, I’m saying against her skin, her lips, her cheek, over and over again, “I love you.  I love you.  I love you.”  This feels so good, so right. 

Once she climaxes, with a groan of ecstasy,  I allow myself to follow.  Collapsing on top of her, I mumble out, “I’m sorry.”

Instead of recriminations for my barbaric behavior, she runs her hands through my hair and whispers brokenly, “I love you too.”

Despite all the anxiety caused by our uncertain future, a part of me that’s been wound up is finally able to relax. 

*****************************************

I was going to write more, but that was too perfect of an ending for this chapter. 

I know you all have big sappy grins on your face right about now, AND

I THINK THAT CALLS FOR A VOTE!!!!!!!

SOOOO,   SCROLL UP TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE AND DO IT!  

VOTE!

COMMENT!

What should Caleb and Gianna do now?  (I know, I know, throw Julie off a cliff, but besides the obvious?)   

What about poor Jared?  What about the devious Ian? 

As anyone team Jared, Ian or Seth? 

Can Caleb and Gianna's happiness last?