THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15:

CALEB'S POV:

I wake up to my alarm going off at eight o'clock Saturday morning. What the fuck? Oh yeah. Gianna. Saturday. I quickly take a shower and get dressed. I catch Gianna just as she is going downstairs. She gives me a dirty look. What's her problem?

I follow her as she goes down the stairs, "Hey princess, I'm taking you downtown today."

She spins around, "Like hell you are!"

Julie walks in from the kitchen, "I think that's a wonderful idea, honey. I get worried, you driving down there by yourself."

She looks at her mom, "So what? Now you're talking to me again?"

Julie hugs Gianna, "I just think you're going through some sort of teenage rebellion thing. You'll see the light and go back to cheerleading."

Gianna rolls her eyes, "Come on punk, I don't want you to make me late." So it's back to punk again, is it? As we get into my car, I look at the large duffel bag she throws into my backseat. Does she have that dress and lingerie in there? Should I throw it out the window while we're on the freeway?

When I start the car, Gianna switches it to a hip hop station and turns it up full blast. I turn it down. "What's the matter princess. Did you get your period?" I ask.

"Nothing's the matter. How was the rest of your date?" she asks.

"Wonderful. How was the rest of yours? Did that loser kiss you goodnight, or is he too much of a gentleman to kiss on the first date?" I ask.

"How was the slut? Did you knock her up?" she asks. Is she jealous?

"Why did you rush out of the restaurant last night?" I ask her.

"I couldn't wait for dessert," she says and smiles smugly at me.

I grip the steering wheel tightly and turn the music back up. I really don't want to think about Gianna making out with that loser. That better be all they did. When we near downtown, I turn down the music to ask Gianna which exit to take. She continues giving me directions all the way to the ballet studio. When I pull up in front of it, she gets out without saying a goodbye. I step out of the car and yell after her, "What time do you get done?"

She doesn't even turn around, but I hear her yell, "Noon."

"I'll be here to pick you up!" I yell.

"Whatever!" she yells back and walks into the building.

"Hey Caleb!" I turn around and Cece is running down the street from a bus stop.

"What's up Cece?" I ask.

"Just going to class. Hey! Gianna told me what you guys did to Josh's truck. That's so funny. He really deserved it. So, how did the double date go last night?"

"Alright. Do you think Gianna likes that Seth guy?" I ask.

"Well, I haven't met him, but she called me last night and said he is really nice. But, I don't think she has any romantic feelings towards him. I think she likes someone else, but she won't tell me who it is," Cece says. Dammit! She must mean Jared. I hate that prick.

"I don't know who that could be," I say.

"Well, we'll find out eventually. The guy would have to be an idiot not to want to go out with Gianna. See you later Caleb," she says. Jared is an idiot, but I know for a fact that he wants Gianna.

"I'll be here at noon to pick up Gianna," I say.

Cece turns around, "Don't you mean 11:30? That's when we get out."