THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11:

GIANNA'S POV:

I wake up the next morning feeling better than I ever have on a Monday morning. I quickly get ready for school and go downstairs. I grab a breakfast bar and a Gatorade and start eating. My mom grabs the Gatorade from my hand and replaces it with a bottle of water. "Honey, do you realize how many calories are in just one Gatorade?"

"No mom," I say and scowl at the water as my mom leaves the kitchen.

I am still sitting in the kitchen when Caleb comes in. He looks irritated. This wouldn't happen to have anything to do with our little chat last night, would it? I hope so!

"Good morning Caleb!" I say cheerily.

"Morning," he grumbles while pulling the Gatorade I wanted back out of the fridge.

"So when are we going shopping?" I ask him.

He finally looks at me, "Shopping? For what?"

I walk over to him and whisper in his ear, "For operation 'pop my cherry'."

He was in the middle of taking a drink and spews it all over the counter. I turn away, holding back laughter.

"Are you serious, Gianna?" he asks.

"Of course. You're a dude. You'll be able to help me pick the sexiest outfit for Jared," I explain.

"You want me to go with you to pick out an outfit for you to lose your virginity in?" he asks.

"Well, I probably won't be losing my virginity in the outfit. Jared will probably take it off me first," I say. "Plus, I'll need lingerie too."

"Please someone save me," I hear him mumble.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Nothing, we'll go later this week, I guess," he says reluctantly.

"Thanks Caleb. You're the best stepbrother ever!" This revenge stuff is fun. I start to leave for school.

"Wait, Gianna. I'll drive you today," he says.

"Um, okay," I say quietly. Why would he want to drive me?

We walk out to his car and drive to school in silence. When we park and get out, we are bombarded by the usual people. I swear, put a camera in their hands, and they'd be paparazzi. I can see Josh standing on the front steps, staring our way. God, I totally forgot about him. I glance over at Caleb and he is glaring back at Josh. Josh doesn't come up to me and I am surprised. Maybe he is taking this breakup better than I thought he would. Well, there's a relief. I was actually worried that he would do something crazy.

We walk up the steps, with people crowded around us, I mostly ignore them and nod my head here and there. When we pass Josh, he says, "Hi Gianna."

I say, "Hi Josh," back and continue walking.

Some girl comes up and grabs onto Caleb's arm. He smiles at her and she giggles. I get the urge to pull her hair. I can't believe I'm getting jealous over a player. It just defies logic. A guy like him shouldn't even be taken seriously.

I roll my eyes and walk to my locker. So much for Hannah, I guess she was last weeks flavor. Speak of the she-devil. When I get to my locker, she is waiting there.

"Hi Hannah," I say.

"Do you know what your stepbrother did to me on Friday night?" she asks angrily.

I think to myself, do I want to know? But I say to her, "No."

She stomps her foot, oh my god did she just stomp her foot? "I asked him if he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend!"