THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

Caleb's POV:

I can't believe I am here. My mom guilts the hell out of me for years, then chucks me out the door to go live with my dad. So, maybe I get in trouble every now and then. So, maybe I got expelled from another school. When did 'boys will be boys' turn into 'I can't take it anymore! You're going to live with your father!' Three years ago, my dad brings a woman to meet me, tells me she is going to be my new step-mom, I go home and tell my mother and she freaks. We're talking heart wrenching tears. The lady seemed nice enough, but I love my mom, I couldn't stand her pain. I told my dad that I refuse to ever be a part of his new 'family'. This seemed to make my mom feel a little better. Now, 3 years later, she can't seem to pawn me off to that new family fast enough.

I pull up to a two story house that looks like it belongs on an ABC Family sitcom. Definitely a far cry from the downtown apartment I lived at with my mom. I see my dad mowing the lawn, while his wife doing some type of gardening thing. How very Norman Rockwell, I thought sarcastically.

A few minutes later, I'm being ushered through the front door, my dad is patting me on the back and Julie, my step-mom, is yapping about how excited everyone is to have me there.

All of a sudden some little kid comes crashing into me, "Caleb! You're here! Come play Halo with me!"

"Caleb, this is my son Chance and he is obviously a little excited about your arrival. Chance, honey, Caleb just got here, he needs to get settled first." Wow, this Julie is all smiles. Maybe my dad went out and married my mom's opposite. My mom is the moody artistic type. This lady dresses different too, very preppy. "Caleb, come sit over on the couch and we can all get to know each other."

I follow them over to what seems to be the living room. Jesus christ, could a person fit more floral printed furniture and paintings into one room? Then I spy what seems to be some sort of shrine on a cabinet on the other side of the room. It's covered in pictures of a blonde girl. In some she is in a cheerleading outfit, some in ballet clothes and some different places like the beach. All at different ages. The pictures were sort of far from where I am sitting, but she looks kind of pretty.

Julie and Scott follow my gaze and believe it or not, Julie gets even more excited. "Oh Caleb! That's my angel, Gianna. Chance, go get your sister. She should be here to welcome Caleb."

"Can't mom, she left right when Scott got here. I told her he's here, then she ran upstairs, then she ran downstairs, went to the garage and left." Chance explained.

"Oh well, she must have been late to meet a friend, you'll get a chance to meet her later Caleb. I'll show you too you're room now." Julie's face was getting a little red. Embarrassment maybe? Perhaps my new stepsister isn't so happy about me being here.

3 HOURS LATER:

I have to get out of here. If I have to put up with any more of this Brady Bunch crap I'm gonna choke someone. After I was shown my new room, they insisted on "getting to know me". This consisted of 2 hours of Julie yapping asking me questions, my dad staring at her like he loves it and Chance yanking on my sleeve to get my attention. Then, my dad asks to speak with him privately in his study. Study for fucks sake! It is even decorated like the study cliché. He sits me down and to have a father/son talk. Let's me know that the past is the past, blah blah blah, this is a fresh start, blah blah blah and that he's there for me should I need to talk.

Maybe if I promise to be good, my mom will let me come home? I so don't want to be here, living in the suburbs, new school, missing my friends. Maybe not. My mom knows me too well, I can't be good.

Julie yells "dinners ready" and we head towards the dining room to have what she is calling our first 'family dinner'. Oh Joy. Right after we all get seated, I hear a door slam shut. Julie gets even more excited, "Gianna, honey, we're in the dining room." Ten seconds later, in walks the most smokin' hot chick I've ever seen.