THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 23:

GIANNA'S POV:

Did that really just happen? I just made a complete fool of myself. Over that asshole! Obviously I'm not the only girl he likes to have sleepovers with, at his mom's place. Why am I even crying? He's not worth it. I should have known this would happen. Hell! Everyone else knew it would happen. Caleb can't change who he is. I'm so stupid. Falling for a guy like Caleb. Was the whole thing just a game to him?

No wonder he didn't want to go camping. He had a whole different recreational activity in mind for this weekend. He must have been so happy to get rid of me for the weekend, so he could screw around with that slut!

He better just stay away from me at home, because I know where that motherfucker lives. I can do all sorts of bad things to him in his sleep. Better sleep with one eye open player-boy. I shouldn't have run away like that. I just totally spazzed out and ran away. Ugh! How pathetic! I should have stayed there and kicked his ass. Maybe yanked on one of his piercings.

That's right Gianna, let the anger come. It's better than the pain. Crap! Now they're just angry tears. I pull over to the side of the road, since my vision is getting blurry and I don't want to cause a crash. That would just really top off my awesome day.

I've never cried over any of the other guys I've dated. That's probably because they never made me feel as much as Caleb has. I really thought that he cared about me. He was so attentive to me and protective about the whole Josh thing.

What started out as him being my annoying new stepbrother, who then started blackmailing me, seemed to turn into something more. He seemed to actually care about my happiness. He acted like it bothered him that my home and school life was a nightmare for me. I thought he saw past my looks, to the person I really am. Obviously, I was just another conquest to him. One of god knows how many stupid girls who fell for his handsome face and bad boy charm.

What an idiot! Saying that he was with Dante last night. I wouldn't have even known that for the lie it was, if Dante hadn't gone camping with us and that stupid, stupid girl hadn't come out of his room when she did. I'm just glad that I found out now, instead of later, that the player tiger can't change his man-whore stripes.

Where am I even going? Definitely not home. That asshole could show up and, if he does, I can't guarantee that I won't kill him. But, I can't sit on the side of the road, in my jeep all day.

CALEB'S POV:

When I get back to the apartment, Hailey is dressed in what she wore last night, waiting for me. "Caleb, why didn't you tell me that you had a girlfriend?"

"I didn't know that I needed to. You and I are just friends Hailey," I remind her.

"Whatever happened to players for life?" she asks.

"Things change," I say.

"Why her?" she asks with an incredulous look on her face.

"Why do you care?" I counter.

She looks down at her hands, "It's just that, I always thought that if you were ever going to pick just one girl to be with, It'd be me."

"I'm sorry, Hailey. I just don't see us that way," I tell her. Damn, usually I don't feel bad about hurting girls feelings. Now, I'm feeling bad about hurting two girls in one day. My girlfriend and my friend.

"You saw me that way once," she points out.

"Yeah, like two years ago and that was just a fling. I didn't realize that it meant more to you. I mean, you never acted like it did. You haven't exactly acted like the relationship-type yourself," I say.