THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Gianna's POV:

August 20th

"Gianna, you like Scott, why do you have such a problem with his son coming to live with us?" my mom said.

"Mom! I do like Scott, he's a nice guy. I just don't understand why his son as to come live with us? Can't he just send him to military school or something? Isn't that the thing you parents are supposed to do with delinquent children? We've never even met the guy and we are supposed to live in the same house as him. May as well invite some stranger off the street into our home." Okay, I know I am being the whiney child right now, but I can't help it. I accepted Scott because my mom loves him, that doesn't mean I have to accept his son, especially one with the reputation that his has.

"Gianna Hilary Thorpe! That is not the same thing at all. Scott's son is family, and I did meet him once when Scott went to visit him downtown. So he isn't a stranger to me and soon he won't be a stranger to you either." Okay, my mom was getting pissed, time to back down.

"Fine, mom." I said grudgingly. "I have to go, the first football game is this Friday and we are working on new cheers."

"New cheers! Honey, I can't wait to see them!" My mom always goes spastic over anything to do with my cheerleading.

August 21st

"He's here! He's here! My new big brother!" my little six year old little brother Chance was screaming at the top of his lungs. Well at least someone is happy the delinquent is coming to live with us.

I looked out the window and parked in front of the our house was a black 67' Mustang (figures) that my step-dad who had just been mowing the lawn was now walking towards. I had been sitting around in what I like to call my comfy Sunday clothes watching HBO. Whatever, I'm out of here. I run up the stairs, change quickly into shorts and a tank top. I run into the garage just as I hear them coming into the house and am pulling out of the driveway before anyone knows I'm even leaving.

I know I'm still acting like a child, but I can't help it. I have a grudge against a boy I've never met. But I feel I have good reason. He started it! Okay, okay, I'm still acting like a child. Let me explain. My parents divorced soon after Chance was born. Sometimes I think my mom named him Chance because she viewed him as a second chance for my parents marriage. Well, that didn't work out so well. They fought before he was born, and they continued to fight after he was born. When he was 6 months old, my dad moved out and the next year the divorce was final. Still makes me sad, but I'm glad my parents aren't unhappy anymore.

Four years ago my mom met Scott and they were married a year later. Even though we live in the suburbs right outside Denver, I've still never met my stepbrother. The reason why being that he is a selfish punk. While I am happy that my mom is happy with Scott, my stepbrother is not. He refused to come to the wedding, he refused to ever visit his dad at our house. Scott drives downtown every other weekend to visit his son, where he lives with his mom. I know this hurt my mom, so just for that, I will never forgive him.

Now where to go kill some time? Where else would a cheerleader be expected togo? I head towards the mall.