THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24:

GIANNA'S POV:

As I march into the woods, I am wishing that I'd brought a flashlight with me. I keep walking for awhile and I can hear Caleb walking behind me, from the sound of his crunching footsteps on the forest floor. I am trying to walk confidently, but I have had a few drinks and am feeling a good buzz.

"We can stop anytime now, Gianna," Caleb says in an irritated tone.

I stop, but I don't turn around. "Say what you have to say, Caleb. I'm missing a good party."

"Will you at least turn around?" he asks. No, I think to myself. If I look at you, it will be harder to think straight. My drunk mind is already having enough problems, without having to look at your handsome face.

I turn around and look him straight in the eyes. We have almost no light, because little of the campfire can be seen from openings between the trees. He takes a step forward and I stand my ground. He doesn't say anything, just stands there with his hands in his pockets, "Well?" I ask impatiently.

"Why are you still mad Gianna? Hailey told you that nothing happened. What more do you need?" he asks.

I don't know, I think to myself. "Caleb, this is my first time dealing with this type of situation."

"Please explain to me, from your point of view, what the situation is," he says.

I throw my hands up in the air and make an exasperated sound, "Caleb, I've never had to deal with a boyfriend hanging out with his ex. An ex that obviously still wants him."

"You hang out with Jared," he points out.

"Jared isn't my ex. He's one of my best friends," I say.

"Hailey is one of my best friends," he counters.

"Who you've fucked!" I yell at him.

He winces, "That was a long time ago and she isn't my ex, because we were never technically together."

"That goes for all the girls you've fucked, does that mean that you should be able to hang out with all of them, while you're supposedly MY boyfriend?" I ask.

"Hailey is the only girl that I've messed around with, that I'm friends with still," he says.

"Whatever, I'm not going to tell you who to hang out with. You do what you gotta do and I'll do what I gotta do," I tell him.

"Is that a threat?" he asks.

"No, I'm just not going to try to change you. You are who you are, Caleb," I say.

"You mean, a player?" he says in an annoyed tone.

"I didn't say that, but you are also forgetting something else. You lied to me about hanging out with Dante. I can't be with someone who is going to lie to me about who he's with and what he does," this bothers me just as much as him hanging out with Hailey.

"I'm sorry. I made a stupid, hasty decision, by telling you that I was with Dante last night. I just didn't know how you'd take me going clubbing with Hailey," he says.

"Obviously, not well," I say sarcastically.

"Don't you think that you're being a little hypocritical, Gianna?" he asks.

"How so? I didn't lie to you, Caleb. I told you exactly who I was going camping with and I even invited you along," I remind him. "You're the one that chose to spend time with Hailey instead of me."

"How kind of you," his turn to be sarcastic, "Thank you, for inviting me the day before to tag along with your friends. What you're being hypocritical about is the fact that I can't hang out with a female friend, but you can come camping with ten male friends."