i hate introductions for gods sake

mako was not excited at all about her first day at her new school.

she missed ikebukuro. she missed how the city was always busy. she missed beating up gangsters on her way to school, or just putting anyone in their place. she missed her friends, like simon, and vorona, and shinra and celty, and izaya. but mostly, she missed her big brother.

he hadn't been all that excited about her moving out of the city just to attend some fancy prep school, but it hadn't been her choice, either. her school, after booting her from itself, had filed transfer papers to a more disciplined school in a different city.

knugigaoka junior high.

she knew about the kind of stuck-up rich snobs that went to this school. she did her research before coming in the first place. the stupid school made her take a long ass, stupid exam to even consider letting her join the ranks of the school, especially a few weeks after the year had already started, and it just pissed her off in a lot of ways.

with her track record, and her tendency for getting into fights being the main reason she had even been transferred to knugigaoka in the first place, the principal saw it fit that she be placed in the lowest class, e-class. he'd explained his system of how the school works to her, but to be really honest, she hadn't been paying attention at all.

feeling a vibration in her pocket, mako takes the device out and smiles slightly at the notification she just got.

shizu-nii: did you get to school alright?

smiling, she typed out a response quickly, hoping to be able to talk to him as long as possible.

mako: yeah, i got here just fine. i just miss u a lot, and i'd rather walk to school with you and tom

shizu-nii: i prefer being able to keep an eye on you. tom says hello. i'll see you this weekend, got it?

mako: yes, of course, nii~chan

shizu-nii: don't get in any fights. do your homework. try to make friends. bye

and with that came the end of another boring conversation.

shizuo wasn't much of a texter to be completely honest. he'd rather talk on the phone or in person, but rarely did he ever really text. the main reason why he's recently started doing so more frequently, is because mako had to transfer, and he wanted to check up on her whenever he felt like it was necessary.

mako loves her older brothers dearly. heck, they practically raised her for the most part with their parents working most of the time. while shizuo has a more explosively dangerous personality, kasuka is much more quiet and monotonous; but you can tell when he cares, and that's all that matters.

anyways, the principal had informed mako that her new class was at the top of the mountain on the side of the school building.

she was going to fucking kill that pathetic excuse for a human being.

it's not like she isn't able to get up the mountain without much effort, it's just that she'd rather not go home and wake up the next day in a shit ton of pain because of it.