~chapter 9

A car stops at the numerous building and the diver through the mirror looks at the boss who who was resting itself on the back seat. The driver softly calls his name out.

Diver : Neil sir. Neil sir! We have arrived.

Neil flicks his eyes open and gave small nod to the driver before pulling out a face covering and his sunglasses.

Neil covering his face steps out of the car and took a glance around him before stepping inside the building.

Neil walks to the receptionist who was busy tapping her long nails on the keyboard. Neil clears his throat to gain her attention.

Receptionist: how can I help you sir?

Neil : can you check an appointment for Neil khanna?

The receptionist nodding her head quickly looks at the appointment list under Neil's name.

Receptionist: I'm sorry sir but there is none appointment under your name.

Neil : just a second!

Neil takes his phone out and dials a number.

Neil : hello Manik. Why isn't my name under the appointment list?

Manik: hello babe! Why didn't you inform beforehand about your arrival?

Neil rolls his eyes as he heard Manik calling him babe.

Neil : Manik behave yourself and answer my question first.

Manik : can you pass the phone to the receptionist?

Neil pass the phone to the receptionist who starts talking to Manik meanwhile Neil taps his foot on the ground. He gave small smile as the receptionist passed him the phone back.

Receptionist: sorry sir.. you can go in.

Neil : thank you miss.

Neil shoving his hands in his pockets starts walking to the cabin where his foolish friend is occupied.

Neil twist the knob and opens the cabin door and opens his mouth to say something but stops seeing the scene in front of him.

Neil quickly turns around and cursed Manik in his mind.

A minute later Neil heard Manik's voice to which Neil turns around and gave awkward smile to Manik.

Neil : Manik malthora I hope you didn't call me just to see this...

Manik : why would I let you intrude my private moments Neil khanna.. and yes I have some work for you so cut the bullshit and take a seat.

Neil rolls his eyes and looks at Nandini who smartly got busy with the phone and behaved like nothing happened.. Neil shook his head and sat cross Manik.

Neil : what work do you have?

Manik passed the file to Neil to which Neil looks at Manik then at the file.

Neil : what is this?

Manik : go through the file before questioning.

Neil read the file and Manik notices Neil's expression changing as he read the file.

Neil closes the file and stares Manik.

Neil: do you know what you are doing?

Manik : yes I do but I also need your help in this Neil.

Neil : baby doll! Are you aware of this?

Nandini: yes Bhai! I do know about this.

Neil : if this is what you both have decided then I can't say no.. I'll speak to everyone at home.