35.

*the next morning*

"Here we go. This'll fix ya," Klaus says to Luther. He picks up the cup to drink it when Five takes it out of his hand and sits down, drinking it. "Nice. Okay."

"Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee," Five comments, setting the cup back down.

"Can we get started, please," Luther asks.

"Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison?"

"They went to talk to Jenkin's grandmother. We found out who he is, he was the guy that was with Vanya," I answer.

"All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum...," Klaus starts, banging on the table with silverwear, "that we're gonna get." "Now, listening up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out," He says. "Yeah." We stare at him, confused. 

"Klaus," I say.

"I conjured Dad last night," He admits as we still stare at him in confusion. 

"I thought you said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years," Luther points out.

"Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta da! I got clean yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this... conversation with dear old Daddy himself," He explains making me smile.

"Good job, Klaus. I'm proud of you," I smile.

"Has anyone got any aspirin," Luther questions.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers," Five answers almost immediately. "So what did the old man have to say?"

"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada, yada, yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, because... he killed himself." Luther rolls his eyes, speaking. 

"I don't have time for your games, Klaus," He sighs, standing up. 

"I'm telling the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth."

"Why'd he do it, then," Five asks.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again."

"No. Dad wouldn't just kill himself."

"Ah, you said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night," Five points out.

"No. There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviors."

"Like sending someone to the Moon for no reason," Klaus says.

"I swear to God, Klaus, if you're lying--"

"I'm not. I'm not," He assures him. 

"Master Klaus is correct," Pogo says, walking in. "Regretfully... I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan."

"What," Luther says, shocked.

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know," He admits, walking over to us. "Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was capable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard," Five mutters.

"So the security tape we saw?"

"It was meant to futher the murder mystery. Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together... would reignite your desire to be a team again."

"And to what end," I ask.

"To save the world, of course."

"First the Moon mission and now this," Luther says, looking at me. "You watched me search for answers and said nothing. Anything else you want to share, Pogo? Any other damn secrets?"

"Hey, calm down, Luther," Five says.

"No, I won't calm down. We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted."

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther," Pogo sighs. "I... I had no choice."

"There's always choice," Luther states before walking past him and leaving. We sigh, and Five runs his hands through his messy hair. 

"I gotta think," He says, before disappearing.