9.

*back at the academy*

"You know, you were pretty badass back there. I mean, I remember when you couldn't do all that stuff," He admits, pulling off the makeshift bandage. 

"I know. I think not using my powers for fifteen years really helped them grow. You'd think it would've been the opposite, but it's not. Instead of them getting rusty, they were able to grow," I say, cleaning his cut. "Who were those people, Five?"

"Let's just say... I didn't do good things in the future. I got involved with the wrong people. I did bad things. And then, when I tried to stop... I broke my deal with them, and now, they're angry. I'm sorry I got you into that mess," He explains, sighing.

"Don't be... You did what you had to do... to survive. I know how that is."

"By the way... thanks for saving me from that bullet. Without you there, I probably would've gotten hit... You saved my life," He says.

"It's no problem. That's what friends do for each other... You saved my ass plenty of times. I was just returning the favor," I shrug, making him chuckle.

"Did I mention how much I missed you?"

"No... Not yet," I shake my head, as his eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips.

"I really... really missed you," He admits, looking at me again.

"I missed you too", I smile.

"When I jumped forward and got stuck in the future, do you know what I found?"

"No," I reply, as I finish sanitizing his wound.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As far as I could tell, I was the last person left alive. I never figured out what killed the human race, but... I did find something else. The date it happens," He admits, as I wrap his wound up. "The world ends in eight days, and I have no idea how to stop it."

I stare at him in shock, before speaking.

"I'll put on a pot of coffee," I say, quietly. I stand up, before quickly exiting the room, trying to calm myself down.

The world ends in eight freakin' days... and he has no idea how to stop it or even what causes it.

I don't-- I don't know what to think right now. I mean, I'm in complete and utter shock. I mean, if he was the last person on Earth... doesn't that mean I died... again? I don't wanna die again. I don't. There are things I wanna do, before the day I die... again

Sadly, now that the end of the world is supposed to happen in eight days... I won't be able to do shit. 

I mean... I've been fifteen for fifteen years. I've already missed so many years of my life, and now... I only have eight days left to do everything I haven't gotten to do, which is... still everything.

I snap out of my thoughts, pouring two cups of coffee, one for me and one for Five. I head back upstairs, being careful not to spill any coffee. I walk back inside his room, shutting the door behind me. I hand him his coffee, returning to my seat next to him.

He sighs, before he continues telling me about what happened to him.