26.

Luther and I walk into Five's room to see him scribbling stuff all over his walls. "I think I've got something. It's tenuous but promising," He mutters.

"What is all this," I ask, looking around.

"It's a probability map," He answers.

"Probability? Of what," Luther questions.

"Of whose death could save the world. I've narrowed it down to four," He admits, tapping on the four names he has listed.

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse," Luther says.

"No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it," Five answers.

"Oh," Luther slowly nods, as Five goes back to writing. "I'm not following," Luther admits.

"Time is fickle, Luther. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum. The butterfly effect," He explains, making Luther nod. "So all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the timeline, wherever they may be, and kill them," He continues, making me raise an eyebrow.

Kill them? Geez...

"Oh yeah...," He mutters, stepping off his bed and grabbing his notebook. I walk around to the other side of the bed, getting a closer look at the names.

"Milton Greene. So who's he, like a terrorist or something," I ask.

"I believe he is a gardener," Five replies, making Luther look at him in shock.

"You can't be serious. Wait, this is madness, Five. You--," Luther start, when Five picks up a long zipped bag and sets it on the bed. "Where'd you get that?"

"In Dad's room. I think he used it to shoot a rhinocerous," Five answers, taking the gun out of the bag. "It's similiar to the model I used at work. Nice shoulder fit and highly reliable." Luther glances at me, and I shrug my shoulders, not sure what to say or do. 

"But you can't-- This guy Milton is just an innocent man."

"It's basic math. His death could potentially save the lives of billions. If I did nothing, he'd be dead in four days, anyway. The apocalypse won't spare anyone," Five sighs.

"We don't do this kind of thing."

"We are not doing anything. I am," Five hisses.

"I can't let you go and kill innocent people, Five. No matter how many lives you'll save," Luther says.

"Well, good luck stopping me." He starts walking towards the door, making Luther speak again.

"You're not going anywhere", Luther states, when he suddenly grabs me and pulls me towards the window, making my eyes widen.

"Luther," I exclaim, as he forces me against the window. I take a deep breath, glancing down to see the city's street below.

Oh god. What the hell is wrong with him?!

Suddenly, Five turns around, pointing his gun at Luther.

"Let... her... go," Five growls, angrily.

"Put the gun down. You're not killing anyone today," Luther says. "I know she's important to you... She's important to all of us. Don't make me do this," He sighs.

"Luther, please," I beg.

One push.... and I'm dead. I could possibly catch myself, but I'm not so sure about it.

"It's either her or the gun. You decide," Luther says.

"Luther," I exclaim, gasping.

Five glances at me, as I struggle underneath him. He doesn't release the gun, making Luther suddenly push me back.

I brace myself when I feel someone grab my hand, pulling me back in.

I take a deep breath, as I look up to see that Five caught me. "I can keep doin' this all day,"  Luther says.

"Are you okay," Five asks, quietly.

"Yeah... Yeah.. I'm not gonna lie, though. I was worried for a second," I admit.

"I couldn't let you get hurt... I couldn't," He sighs, as I take a seat on the bed, trying to calm myself down.

"I know you're still a good person, Five. Otherwise, you wouldn't have risked everything coming back here to save us all. But you're not on your own anymore," Luther sighs.

"I hate to agree with the person who almost just killed me, but he's right," I sigh.

"There is one way," Five admits, looking at me. "But it's just about impossible."

"More impossible than what brought you back here," I say.