21.

Once we've arrived and are walking down the street, I immediately smell the smoke that came from the building.

I quickly dash down the sidewalk, hoping and praying I can get the list before it's too late. I round the corner, immediately halting to a stop, as I stare at the building, in shock.

Masses of dark grey smoke piled from the broken glass windows on all floors of the building. Bright orange and red flames engorged the walls.

I can practically feel my lungs melting.

I notice Five run past me and towards the building, making my eyes widen. "Five, stop," I shout, running after him when we're both blown backward by a large blast.

I fly backwards, my head smacking off the concrete, as a huge wave of heat hits us. I sit up and quickly survey myself for any more damage.

My clothes are covered in ash and dust, and my head is throbbing. I feel something warm roll down my cheek, making me wipe it away with a couple of fingers to see ruby liquid on my fingertips.

Shit.

My legs are scratched up and dirty from the small pieces of shrapnel that came from the blast. "Shit," I say, groaning at the pain in my head. I look up to see Five looking over at me, his clothes also covered in dust. He slowly extends his hand, and I take it before he helps me to my feet.

His hand stays in mind, as we survey the damage. "Well, I guess we've blown our shot at saving the world," Five grumbles, his hand feeling warm in my cold one.

"We'll find another way... I know we can," I assure him, squeezing his hand reassuringly. "We have too."

*that night*

I carefully step out of bed, and I almost collapse from the pain. I take a deep breath, as I push off the bed. I ignore the pain shooting through me, as I leave my room, heading downstairs. "How are you doing, Jasmine," I hear Pogo ask making me turn around.

"I'm... making it," I admit.

"You took a nasty hit last night," He says.

"Yeah, I did... but I did it for family," I shrug.

"I always knew you had a lot of power. I didn't know you had enough to shatter a steel chandelier while also being weak at the time," He says.

"Me neither. I discover more and more about myself..."

"You know, I couldn't help but overhear you and Number Five yesterday... It sounded like an intense conversation," He says, making me sigh.

"It was, I'm not gonna lie... When those people were here, and I couldn't get up, I needed help. I kept hoping he'd show up and save me, but he didn't. He didn't help me. He wasn't here," I sigh. "But this morning he apologized, and I think things will be better."

"Good. I hope things do get better."

"Thanks, Pogo." He nods, leaving the room. I feel my phone vibrating, making me pull it out of my pocket and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey, um, we, uh... we got an issue here," Diego says.

"What kind of issue?"

"Um... like a... Five is drunk issue," Diego sighs.

"He is?"

"Yeah. We found him, at the library, and we can't take him back to the house, since those psychopaths are looking for him," He sighs.

"Why do you need my help?"

"We need you to keep an eye on him. Just in case. I don't think they'll find him at my place, but I just... don't wanna leave him there, unsupervised," Diego explains.

"Why is it always me?"

"Because... no matter what you said to him yesterday... you still love him, and you know you do."

"Fine, yeah, okay. I'll be there in a bit," I sigh.

"Thank you, Jasmine."

"No problem." I hang up, sighing. 

I leave the kitchen, walking towards the front door. I grab my jacket, slipping it on and pulling the hood over my head.

Just in case. You never know when those psychos could be around.