34.

"Guys, you need to see this," Allison calls out. We follow her voice to see the attic steps pulled out. We walk them to see her looking at some action figures. "All our faces are burnt off," She says, as we look at the pictures and action figures.

"Well, that's not creepy," Diego says. "This guy's got some serious issues."

"Shit," Both Five and I say in unison.

"This was never about Vanya," Allison says. I notice Five gasping from beside me making me look over at him. 

He doesn't look so good.

"This was about us." Suddenly, Five collapses to the floor making my eyes widen. 

"Five," I exclaim, immediately kneeling down beside him. "What--," I start when I notice blood. "Blood," I say, pulling up his shirt to see a bullet hole in his lower stomach. "Oh my god... Why the hell didn't you say anything," I say, angrily.

"You have to keep going. So... close," He says, his voice growing faint. 

"Five," I say, shaking him. "Five," I repeat. "Hell no... Hell no, I am not fucking losing him again. I can't," I say, standing up. "We have to get him back to the Academy... now." They quickly nod in agreement, and I stand up. Five's body slowly lifts off the ground, and they hold him steady, as we quickly rush down the steps

*that night*

I feel myself growing weaker, but I ignore the dizziness in my head, as we rush through the front door. "We should have taken him to the hospital," Allison says.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions," Five points out.

"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins' attic," She says, as I lay him on the couch. I collapse onto the floor, gasping. I wipe the blood away from my nose, rubbing my head.

"Hey, are you okay," Allison asks, worried.

"I'm... fine. I'm just weak," I assure her. "He's still losing a lot of blood, what do we do," I ask.

"We gotta get the shrapnel out," Diego answers, when he suddenly leaves the room. 

"Diego, where are you going," Allison questions.

"Mom," He questions.

"Mom? I thought she was... gone," I say.

"She was," Allison nods.

"Wait, if that's Mom, she can help Five. She's programmed to be a caretaker," I remind her.

"Oh my god... you're right."

*later*

I stare at Five's unconscious body, sighing. 

I should've known he wasn't okay. It was obvious. He was limping, and he was always out of breath or wincing. He obviously was in pain. I should've done something sooner. I should've said something or taken a better look or... anything. 

Anything more than what I did. 

"Hey, we're gonna go talk to Jenkins' grandmother, see if we can find anything out," Allison says making me look back at her.

"Okay, I'll come too," I nod, standing up.

"No, you're too weak. You collapsed back there. You need to stay here with Five and rest, get your energy back. Besides, he needs you," She shakes her head.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we got this," She nods.

"Okay, call me if you need anything and be careful," I say.

"I will. Love you, sis."

"Love you too." With that, she leaves the room, shutting the door, and I stand up. I walk over to Five's bed, and I lean down, kissing his forehead. I return to my chair, sighing. 

Oh, Five... How the hell did this happen?