19.

*the next day*

My eyes slowly open, and I groan in pain, as I take a deep breath. "Hey... you're awake," I hear Allison say.

"I am," I slowly nod, attempting to sit up, but I just gasp out in pain.

"Take it easy... You did just get a chandelier dropped on you," She sighs, walking over to me. "Why... Why did you do that?"

"I don't know... I just... I didn't want Luther to get hurt. He may be an ass, but... he's still my brother," I admit.

"He could've taken it... You could've died," She sighs.

"I know..."

"What you did, shattering the chandelier, when you barely had enough energy to even move, that was... the most incredible thing I have ever seen you do. It impressed me," She admits.

"Thanks, Ally. Is everyone else okay?"

"As far as I know..."

"Did you know about Luther?"

"No...," She shakes her head.

"How... What happened?"

"He was injured, and Dad saved his life," She admits.

"Huh. At least, he did something worthwhile," I sigh. I hear a soft knock at the door, making us look over, and I see Five standing in the doorway.

Now he decides to show up. We could've used him there last night. I could've used him there last night.

"I, um... I'll let you two talk. Try to get some rest," She says, making me nod. She leaves the room, and Five slowly walks in, shutting the door behind himself.

"Are you... Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. No thanks to you, of course," I hiss, bitterly.

"I'm sorry... I didn't... I couldn't..," He starts, trying to figure out what to say.

"We could've used your help, ya know. Where the hell were you," I exclaim.

"I know... I know. I was caught up in something... and I didn't know you guys were gonna get ambushed," Five sighs.

"I could've died, but you wouldn't care, would you," I say, making him scoff.

"Of course I would..."

"Well, you sure as hell haven't been acting like it. You are so caught up in this apocalypse thing... that you're not even... you anymore. You've completely changed," I sigh.

"Well, I was stuck in the future for several decades. That might be why," He rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"What happened to you? What happened to the Five I knew... and loved? I want him back... I want the Five back who would be there when I needed him. I want the Five back that wasn't a bitter, sarcastic, asshole. I want him back. My best friend. My best friend who always-- always saved me, when I fucking needed him," I hiss, bitterly.

"I'm... I'm sorry..."

"You wouldn't have anything to be sorry for... if you had just showed up. The family needed you, I needed you, and you were nowhere to be found. How many times have I saved your ass? A lot, that's how many. I have saved you. I've been there for you... through everything. I have supported and believed everything you've told me. I've not once... doubted you... but the one time, the one time I need you... you're not there. You weren't there... I can't do this anymore, Five. I can't. I love you, and you know that I love you... but you-- you don't love me. Not like that, at least. I think it's best... if we stay away from each other for a while... Just until you can get your priorities straight," I sigh.

"Please..."

"No. I'm done. You're on your own with this whole... saving the world thing... I can't do it anymore. I'm tired... I'm tired of it all Can you please... just go?"

"As you wish..."

He suddenly disappears, and I feel a few tears roll down my cheeks.