20.

*the next day*

As I'm sitting on my bed, I hear someone speak. "Hey, Jas." I look up, and my eyes widen a bit when I see Five standing in my doorway. 

"Five--," I start when he cuts me off.

"Before you kick me out, just let me say something," He sighs.

"Fine," I nod. 

"I'm... so, so sorry for not being there last night. I had no idea those guys were gonna ambush you and everyone else. I should've been here, you're right. I have changed, you're right about that too, but what I saw, what I did... I don't think I could ever go back to being who I was. I've seen too much, and I've done too much. For the record, though, I do still care about you, and I still love you. That will never change," He sighs.

"That's good to hear, Five," I smile. 

"So... you don't hate me anymore?"

"I guess not," I sigh making him smile. 

"Good. Now, I really need you for something, if you're able to go," He says. 

"Of course. What's up?"

"Honestly? I just need to find out what they're making in that lab," He admits.

"I smell an interrogation," I smirk, walking over to my vanity and opening up a drawer. I pull out my newly sharpened silver knife out of the drawer, making Five smirk.

"You know, I love you right," He says.

"I know. Come on, let's go."

*the interrogation*

"One chance. That's all you've got," Five snarls, pressing my silver knife hard against the guy's throat, waiting for the opportunity to slice it open, while I'm just petting the guy's small dog. "One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab," Five continues.

Honestly, I find it adorable that Five is trying to act all scary, when in reality, he's just a sarcastic, kind of an asshole, coffee lover.

"I... I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients," He stutters, obviously scared out of his mind. "I bill the insurance companies and sell them for cash on the black market."

"Does that include eyeballs," I question from the backseat. Five raises an eyebrow, when he sees the dog now sitting comfortably on my lap.

"Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I-I've got a list, a waiting list, probably twenty buyers," He admits.

"So the serial number I told you...," Five starts, waiting for the man to finish.

"Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off-- off the books," He finishes.

I almost feel kind of bad for the guy. He probably just wanted to take his dog out on a walk, but at the same time, he's not a nice guy, so... I don't really feel that bad for him.

"I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers and I need it now," Five shouts, sounding incredibly annoyed at this man.

"I don't have it," He says, making me let out an annoyed sigh. "I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe at the lab," He adds.

"Well, you start the car, then. 'Cause we're going on a field trip."

"Okay, okay." He fumbles with his keys, before starting the engine, pulling out on the road.