25.

*back at the academy*

As I'm walking through the hallway, I hear someone speak from inside Klaus's room, making me stop, peaking into his room. I see Klaus standing in his room, making me smile weakly. I glance to my right to see blood on the side of the bathtub and bloody footprints leading to his room.

"Klaus, you're okay," I say, softly, making him glance back at me.

"I guess," He shrugs, carelessly.

"I was worried about you... You were gone for so long, I didn't know what to think," I admit.

"You were worried," He questions, both confused and shocked.

"Of course I was. Your family, and although, no one else seems to give a shit, I do," I nod.

"Thanks, Jasmine," He says, smiling weakly.

"You're welcome... So, what happened to you?"

"You know... I don't even remember," He answers.

For some reason... I'm pretty sure he's lying.

"So, you don't remember getting that tattoo," I question, noticing that a new tattoo has appeared on his arm.

"Nope," He shakes his head.

"What about the dog tags?"

"Belonged to a friend," He answers, sliding on a shirt.

"Whatever you say..."

"Are you okay? I know the fight that went down was... brutal. I saw the chandelier."

"Yeah... yeah. I have a huge scar across my back now from when a chandelier fell on me," I admit.

"How the hell did that happen?"

"Those assholes broke it off, and I didn't want Luther to get hurt, so I pushed him out of the way," I admit.

"Wow... That's incredibly ballsy," He says.

"I know... It was probably stupid too, but I did itanyways," I shrug.

"You did it, didn't you," I hear Five say from behind me. I glance back, as he walks in the room, making Klaus speak.

"What are you talkin' about?"

"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus," Five says.

"Symptoms of what?"

"The jet lag. Full body itch. Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. You gonna tell us about it," Five sighs, as he takes a seat on his bed.

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead," Klaus admits.

"And in return, you stole their briefcase," Five chuckles.

"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then I opened it," He sighs.

"And then the next thing you knew you were... where? Or should I say when?"

Five almost sounds.... intrigued?

"What difference does it make?"

"What diff-- Uh-- Okay, how long were you gone?"

"Almost a year," He replies.

Damn. A year?

"A year? Do you know what this means?"

"Yeah, I'm ten months older now."

"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now," Five asks, looking around for it.

"Gone. I destroyed it," He admits. "Poof," He says, imitating an explosion noise.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

"What do you care?"

"What do I care? I needed it, you moron, so I could get back. I could start over," Five exclaims, as Klaus stands up.

"Just... Just...," He mutters, walking past Five.

"Where are you going?"

"Interrogation's over... Just... leave." He leaves the room, making me sigh.

"Way to go." He glances at the pen and piece of paper lying on Klaus's desk, before quickly grabbing it and scribbling something on it. "What are you doing?"

"I think I've thought of something," He admits, before suddenly disappearing.

Great... Thanks for sharing.

I sigh, before leaving Klaus's room and walking towards my own.