Chapter 27: Carmela x Julian

"I am so done with you, couples!" Kathryn groaned as she walked in her office. A sleeping Leo was cuddled with a sleeping Steele. They were sprawled on Kathryn's office couch and their shopping bags were all over the floor. Kathryn groaned, kicking one shopping bag to one side before sitting on her chair. Another body caught her eye: A sleeping Miles was sprawled on the love seat as well. She shook her head. Since when did her office become a resting destination for her friends? Auden walked in quietly in Kathryn's office and handed her a bunch of folders. "Who let them in my office?" She asked Auden, pointing to her snoring friends.

"Themselves. Miss Miles has a spare key remember?" She chuckled. "Do you want me to wake them up?"

Kathryn looked at her friends before sighing and shaking her head. "They're fucking annoying but let them be." She signed the papers and handed back the folder.

"You love your friends so much, don't you?" Auden teased but with a genuine smile.

"I guess you can say that. I mean as annoying and as disrespectful as that looks... They're pretty cool." She joked, taking another look at her friends that were still sleeping despite the conversation they were having.

"Good for them and you. I gotta go, do you want me to get you anything?" Auden asked, walking to the door.

"No, thanks. However, how are you and your boyfriend JC?" Auden smiled before shrugging.

"Ex-boyfriend." She corrected, avoiding the question itself. She left the room and gave Kathryn one last smile before closing the door.

Her phone suddenly rang and she had no idea where she put it before she left for her meeting causing her to scramble to the floor as she looked in her drawers, her bag, her other drawer and her other bag.

"For God's sake, Kathryn! I'm trying to sleep here!" She heard Leo shout. She looked up from the floor, giving Leo the most annoyed look she could give.

"Well, pardon me for doing whatever I like in this office." She groaned. Her phone stopped ringing and her door flew open. Kathryn immediately stood up banging her head on the table. She straightened her skirt and sat on her chair. An enraged Lela (DJ's sister) marched in Kathryn's office with her hands on her hips. Auden followed her with an exhausted look.

"She barged in. I couldn't stop her." Auden reasoned out, biting her lip, quietly wishing she wouldn't get fired.

"No one can. She's a 7th dan black belter." Kathryn shrugged, motioning for Auden to get out of the office and offering her a smile. Auden was about to close the door when an equally enraged DJ walks in the room too. He slams the door and sends Lela a death glare.

"OH MY GOD! Some people are actually trying to sleep." Leo shouted again, lifting his head up from his boyfriend's arms. Lela, DJ and Kathryn ignored the whining Leo before facing each other.

"You can't just march in Kathryn's office, Carmela!" DJ hissed. Kathryn sensed the seriousness of the situation when DJ called his sister by her full name.

"Yes, I can. As you can see, I'm already in here." She rolled her eyes and walked closer to Kathryn.

"Well, you can't drag her in our stupid argument!"

"Hah!" Carmela pointed at her brother. "You said it yourself, this argument is stupid. Now, let it go."

"I would if you hadn't commuted all the way here."

"Liar. You wouldn't! You'd walk out on me like the usual." She countered. It was unusual to see DJ and Carmela fighting. Seeing as they have a really huge age gap, DJ always looked out for her. They rarely bickered. Let alone, fought. Kathryn was pretty sure she was going to get a stiff neck, as she looked from Lela to DJ. She met Lela's eyes that were pleading for help. She sighed, shaking her head and raising her hands for both of them to stop.