Chapter 35: Miss Mogul Captain and Julsquared

Chapter 35: Miss Mogul, Captain and Julsquared

"Miss Mogul." Julian smiled at her. Kathryn accidentally fell asleep on the Ejercito's couch last night. She ended up talking to Julian and Julia and asking them about their adventures: how they got back together, why they had the impulsive decision to marry each other in Las Vegas whilst drinking wine. Three bottles of wine later, she passed out on their couch. She woke up without a hangover (thankfully) and was confused for a bit until she heard Julian's voice. She glanced at the wall clock. It was 9:30 in the morning and she overslept. No point in going to the office now, she thought.

"Stop calling me Miss Mogul." She groaned, standing up and folding the blanket, Julia gladly gave her last night.

"Well you are." Julian shrugged, turning on his coffee maker. "Coffee or Tea?"

"Coffee, please. Thanks for letting me crash." She moved to the dining table, sitting in one of the high chairs. "You look so domestic." She commented. Julian was in his sweater and basketball shorts. He was grabbing eggs and bacon from the chiller. And never in a million years did Kathryn thought that Julian, the over drinker and over smoker, Julian would be married and cooking her and his wife breakfast.

"I'll take that as a compliment-Good Morning, baby!" He greeted Julia who was rubbing her eyes, her tan top lifted a bit showing a bit of her stomach and the sleeves of her jacket, hung on her arm. She mumbled a morning to her husband and gave him a kiss, she walked to Kathryn and pecked her cheeks as well before sitting on the stool next to her. As if on cue, the coffee stopped brewing and Julian was quick to pour Julia a cup. He grabbed the milk from the fridge and sugar from the cupboard and poured Kathryn a cup as well. Man, time does change a lot. She met these two when they were 16 and 18 and they were messing around. Little did she know that ten years later, she'd be in their home, crashing on their couch and waiting for breakfast.

"I hope you don't mind me hanging out here last night." Kathryn said, opening the cup of sugar and putting a teaspoon of it in her coffee.

"I never thought I'd see you again, so that's fun." Julia smiled, her legs propped up her chair, lifting her cup to her lips. "Wanna hang out today?"

"I have work. I have to go home, shower and then work."

"Aren't you the CEO, Kath? You can do whatever you want. Come on now. We can just chill all day here if you don't want to go out. Besides, Julian and I are leaving for Paris two days from now and he's home arrested me for some reason." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"For some reason is you spent about 10,000 on a trench coat and we're gonna have nothing to spend in Paris if you continue that habit."

Julia stuck her tongue at him. "It was one time, baby. And you told me I looked pretty in it."

"You look pretty in everything." Julian replied casually flipping an egg. Julia blushed furiously and tried to hide it. It seemed like a regular occurrence in this house. "Kath, can you have some girl time today please because I need to go to drive Jill to her tournament."

"How old is Jill?" Kathryn asked, placing her coffee cup on the coaster.

"17."

"Jesus. I feel old." Kathryn shook her head. "Why are you going to Paris anyway?"

"Travel whilst I can." Julia placed her cup on the coaster as well.

Kathryn raised an eyebrow. "While you can? Are you like-" Kathryn was scared she was going to say something about her being sick. She couldn't handle that. Her dad will be the last to be taken away from her because of those incurable diseases. To her surprise, Julia smiled.