Chapter 34: Jealous

Chapter 34: Jealous

"Are you joking?" DJ asked, anger visible in his voice. He was trying not to shout at Kathryn. He just landed exactly 20 minutes ago and was settling in his hotel room. He had a 24-hour flight from London to Oz but before that was Ph to London and he decided to stay the night before going home otherwise he was sure he's going to pass out. He called Kathryn after two days of being in the sky and he really wanted to hear her voice before sleeping. He was tired, knackered. He can sleep standing, that's for sure. Curse him for not asking RJ to pilot this flight and for him to just co-pilot it.

"No." Kathryn replied immediately, biting her nails. She knew how tired DJ was but he needed to know.

"No, you're not going anywhere. Drive your butt back to your office." He said sternly. But Kathryn wasn't doing that. She was already pulling over an establishment.

"I'm already here."

DJ rubbed his temples and sat on his bed, unbuttoning his uniform and removing the white shirt under. He put his phone between his neck and ear as he took off his pants too. When he was half-naked and was only in his boxers, he went in his bed.

"You're fucking with me. Please tell me you're fucking with me. Why didn't you tell me?" DJ was actually thinking of flying back to the Philippines right this instant. Kathryn had a way of making him feel things.

"Bub, it's just one time and besides, maid-of-honour duties."

Today was the day Kathryn's schedule clicked with Julian's and they were finally meeting for some wedding things. Apparently, since Marco had no brother and he and Julian had always been the closest of friends (despite having a bunch of other guy friends he could have picked) , he chose him as one of his best men.

"I don't care if it's the fucking president's duty. You're driving back to your office, now."

Kathryn rolled her eyes and then sighed. "When are you going to get through your thick skull that I love you?"

DJ's heart melted and his angered lay lowed a bit but jealousy is a weird emotion. It's hard to brush it off immediately.

"I just don't want you hanging out with Julian."

"Why not?"

"Because to be honest, he has this effect on girls. Like he lures him into some Julian spell."

"And you would know because?" There was a pause on the other line. DJ was feeling silly now but his pride was standing tall. "You didn't hear anything from me about Cloud."

"Why? Did you want to say something?"

"No." Kathryn sighed. "Julian's a friend. A long-time friend, believe it or not. So either, you deal with it or you deal with it. Because there's no way in fucking hell, that I'm leaving Julian hanging."

"Great. Not like what you did with me right?"

Kathryn froze in her seat and held tighter on the steering wheel. DJ later on, realized what he just said. He was going to react and say sorry but Kathryn talked.

"Low blow, Daniel." And then she hung up. She sighed and checked her face on her rear view mirror before grabbing her purse and walking inside the restaurant, she and Julian agreed to meet in. Julian was on his phone and beside him was a bunch of paper bags. Kathryn plastered a smile on her face. She couldn't forget what DJ had just said and of course, she knew he didn't mean it. He was jealous, that's all but it still hurt. DJ, on the other hand, who was in Oz, groaned and fell asleep.

"Mr. Julian Estrada." She smiled. Julian immediately slid his phone in his pocket and stood up, pecking Kathryn's cheek. "Always lovely to see you."