Chapter 11: Impulsive

"I've had three meetings today, Miles. The least you can do is not shout around me." Kathryn threatened her best friend as she entered her office, dropping the folder on the center table. Miles gave her a sheepish smile before taking a seat. 

"Geez, what  has gotten into you?" She asked, before Kathryn could even answer, her secretary, Auden came rushing inside her office with a stack of papers in one hand and a worried look on her face. 

"I know  you said enough for today but we have a really big problem, ma'am." Normally, Kathryn would answer with a sarcastic remark and Miles would laugh but both of them shut up and let Auden continue. She opened a folder and placed it in front of Kathryn. "Our main investor is backing out, ma'am. The-- the one who supplies our airplane parts and the-the gasoline." 

"WHAT?" She started dialing numbers and Auden just stood there, panicking as well. A minute later, Kathryn slammed the phone and rubbed her temples. "Why is no one answering in the reception?" 

"Ma'am, it's their lunch break." 

"What exactly happened?" Kathryn was now sending e-mails after e-mails as Auden started to talk. 

"Apparently, the owner of Air-o's owner Mr. Smith, retired and now his daughter is the one managing the whole company and she wants Bernardo Enterprises out." It was as if Kathryn's whole world was falling apart. Air-o was the reason why BEHI was made in the first place. Mr. Smith was one of her professors back in Paris and was the one who helped her put up a company. She couldn't believe they didn't give her a warning before pulling out. In front of her was the paper that only needed her signature to end her contract with Air-o. It was completely unfair and she was sure BEHI's credentials would sink if Air-o pulls out. "Ma'am?" 

She had only one way to save this and that is to talk to Mr. Smith or his daughter.  

"Book me a flight to Paris tonight. Book me a hotel and schedule an appointment with Mr. Smith." Auden nodded and started taking notes. "Miles, are you coming with me?" 

"As much as I'd love to, we're going to start planning the wedding this week."  

Kathryn hit the table and massaged her temples once again. She wa sthe maid of honor for Miles' wedding and she was supposed to be helping. 

"Shoot. I'm so sorry, Miles. I'm sure this will only take a few days. Make sure to skype me or facetime me for anything and everything okay?" Her voice was surprisingly calmer now. "Auden, you're coming with me then. Tonight, okay?" Auden walked out of the room and started doing the tasks she was supposed to do. Miles didn't question Kathryn's impulsive decision because she knew business is business. Kath started to pack her stuff and Miles was already waiting by the door when her phone started to ring. It was DJ. Another slap for Kathryn.. She completely forgot about DJ. She threw her phone to Miles and asked her to pick it up for her.  

"DJ. Kath?" Miles looked at her best friend and Kathryn signaled her something she couldn't understand. "I don't know, she left her phone at home this morning. Try calling her office phone? Yeah, okay bye." And that was their cue to leave Kath's office. Before heading off to the parking lot, Kathryn made sure that Auden would answer her phone and explain to every other client and DJ that she's flying to Paris because her company is in jeopardy. "I am not explaining anything to DJ." Miles said to Kathryn as she them home.  

From the moment, they walked in, Kathryn immediately started to pack, her phone ringing and ringing from various clients that she just wanted to ignore. Their biggest investor/client was leaving them and she couldn't care less about the others right now.