Chapter Forty-Four

Song Chapter 44:

Maps by Maroon 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since last night, I hadn't been able to think straight. I hadn't been able to calm down, to stop the tears in my eyes, to eat or drink. I couldn't do anything. As if getting into a fight with her wasn't enough, I had gotten a call last night. I didn't even want to believe that it was true. Part of me believed that it was a dream. All of me wanted to think that I would wake up, and that it wouldn't be true. However, I was wide awake now, and Destiny was still missing. Kate had taken here.

I had gone to Stiles house to talk to him about it. Everyone was going down to Mexico to find her, as well as Kira and Scott who were also taken. It was a nightmare that I was having while I was awake. I didn't want to even think about how Destiny was feeling. Being trapped all the way in Mexico, wondering if she would ever be found. What made it all worse was that the last thing that had happened before she left, was get into a fight with me.

"Ah. Liam. Go home. Your not going with us." Stiles said when he reached the bottom of the steps. I followed Stiles as he began walking toward the kitchen. He wasn't going to stop me from helping find the others. Especially Destiny. "Why not?" I asked him, causing Stiles to stop walking, and turn to look at me. "Cause, its a full moon, and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." He said, like I was stupid.

After he spoke, I looked him straight in the eyes as I spoke. "Destiny is down there. There's no way your stopping me from going with you." I told him, my voice and expression sincere. Stiles sighed, looking down at me. "Liam-" "You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something." I suggested, cutting him off. "You broke through the last chains, remember?" Malia spoke up from beside Stiles. "Yeah. We would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles said, earning me to give him a confused look. "Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" I asked him, not hearing about that before.

Stiles looked down at me, almost disappointed that I didn't get what he meant. "Seriously? You haven't seen it either?" He asked me. After a second, he turned around, walking to the door. "Wait! What if you put me in the trunk?" I asked. "You'd get through that too." Malia told me. "Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this." Stiles told me, trying to get me to stay here instead of going with them. "I know I don't, but I want to. There's got to be bigger chains, and bigger trunk, or something. There has to be." I told them desperately. After a second of silence between us, Stiles spoke up. "Maybe there is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I woke up, I was greeted by a pounding in my head. I let out a small groan, sitting up. It took me a minute to gain my focus, and try to realize where I was. I looked beneath me, and saw a concrete floor, dirty with brown dust. I glanced around me, and my heart stopped at the sight. All around me were skeletons of dead bodies, all piled up on top of one another. My heart beat picked up, and I sat up a little straighter.

"Hello?" I called, which earned an answer from no one. "Someone! Please! Help me!" I yelled, starting to panic. "Good. Your up." Someone from behind me spoke, causing me to whip my head around to look at them. "W-who are you?" I asked, stuttering a little. As the figure got closer to me, I realized that it was a lady. The same one I had seen on the football field. She stopped in front of me before answering. "Introductions take to long. Let's just get down to business." She spoke, kneeling down to look at me.

"Do you know why your here?" She asked me. I frantically shook my head, not being able to speak anymore from fear. "Well, your a banshee. You can see when bad things are going to happen. I can't have you be up there with Scott's pack and have you ruin the whole plan." She said, in a calming tone. However, I knew that making me relaxed was the least of her worries. "What plan?" I asked her. The women stood up, and looked down at me. "You'll know soon enough." She said, before beginning to walk out of the room.

Once she left, my head shot around in all directions. There had to be a way out. I wasn't going to stay in here forever. I wasn't going to let anyone be affected by the plan that she had either. They had to know what was happening. I needed to find a way to tell them. One thought suddenly crossed my mind, and made me stop what I was doing for a minute. That thought, was Liam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles and Malia had finally agreed to let me come with them to find Destiny, Scott, and Kira. It took a little convincing, but they had finally decided that it would be okay that I could come. This meant that I was one step closer to finding her. I needed to see her again. I needed to apologize as soon as I saw her. It was all my fault that she was missing. If I had been with her after the game, she wouldn't of been taken. It was my fault she was gone.

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked a girl, that I had learned was Braden. "I'm a US Marshall." She said, walking over to us. "Yeah, I just thought that was a cover." Stiles said, looking at her. "Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked, looking at me. "Are we really bringing him?" Stiles asked, looking at Derek. "We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering that Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, and that fact that Liam's anchor was taken as well, we should probably get going." Peter said. "What's that mean?" Malia asked.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planing to do the same thing to him?" Peter asked us, looking around. "She wants to make him younger?" I asked, making sure that I understood what he meant. "Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Derek added. "A werewolf can't steal a true alphas power, but maybe a werejaguar with the power of a tuscolapoco behind her, maybe she can. So, if everyone is suficantly freaked out, I say we get going. Peter explained, walking towards the car. "Wait." Stiles said, causing Peter to turn around. "Not without Lydia."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asked, as Stiles tried to call Lydia. "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." Malia told him. Right as she finished speaking, Stiles walked over to us. "Nothing." He said, letting out a sigh. "She has a car. She can catch up to us." Braden suggested. "That's a good point. We'll call her from the road. "No. What if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles asked. "Fine. You stay, you find her, we're going to go on without you." Peter said, getting aggravated with Stiles.

I just wanted to leave as soon as we could. I just wanted to find Destiny, and know that she was safe. "I can call Mason. He's at a study group at school. Maybe he can find her." I suggested."Alright, fine." Stiles said, giving in. "Remember what we're dealing with her. Its not just Kate. Its beserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there is any humanity left in them." Peter said, causing me to become more frightened.

"This little one is terrified of them aren't you?" Peter said, causing me to look over at him. "Don't worry my friend, it is that very fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight beserkers to survive, you fight to kill." Peter said, before looking at everyone else. "Let's go." He said. As soon as he said that, I got into the back of one of the vans. Even though I was terrified, I wanted to leave. I wanted to find Destiny, no matter how terrified I was.