Chapter Thirteen

Song for Chapter 13

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam had been acting different all day today. Ever since I saw him in third period, he had a sort of angry, as well as nervous, look on his face. When I had asked him if everything was okay, he had told me to not worry about it. Which, of course, made me worry more. I didn't know what was wrong, but I wanted to. I cared about him to much to let it go.

"Liam." I said, as he walked down the hall in front of me. He didn't pay attention though, and kept walking toward the door. "Liam!" I said, a little louder. "Oh no." I heard someone say from beside me, and begin walking as well. I looked over, and saw Mason walking beside me. "What? What's wrong?" I asked, growing worried. "Liam's old school, Devinford Prep, just arrived. He must of found out." He said. I grew confused, and wondered why he seemed so upset. "Liam!" Mason called out, as Liam walked out the door. We both followed right behind, and stopped on the sidewalk.

"Hey Brett." Liam called out, as a boy stepped off the bus. He was very tall for his age, and had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. "I just wanted to say-" Liam started, his tone angry. I could feel my heart beating fast as he spoke. "Have a good game." Liam said, sticking his hand out. This made me let out a sigh of relief, and I looked down at my shoes. A sudden laugh caused me to look back up. "That's cute Liam. Is that what they told you to say in anger management. Apologize and everything's fine." The boy, Brett, spoke.

After a few minutes of Liam and Brett staring at one another, Brett spoke again. "You demolished coaches car." "I paid for it." Liam replied, his fists clenching into tight balls. "Yeah. Your gonna pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there. And its going to be all. Your. Fault." Brett said back. I glanced down at Liam's fists. They were still tightly clenched, but a red liquid began to fall from it. I suddenly realized that it was blood, and that Liam might be beginning to turn. "Scott." I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear. Scott looked at me, before following my gaze. I saw him hit Stiles chest, and run over to Liam. Stiles grabbed my arm, and took me with him, following Scott.

Scott pulled Liam back, and Stiles ran in front of Liam, but not before letting go of my arm. Scott looked at me, as Stiles began to talk in front of us. "Try to calm him down." Scott whispered. I looked at Liam, his breathing a little heavy. "Liam." I said, Liam turning to look at me. "Calm down. Please." I told him. Liam stared down at me, his breathing slowing a little. "Go." Stiles suddenly said, pushing Scott away. Scott quickly walked off, Stiles right behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay! Okay!" I yelled after a few minutes. Scott and Stiles let go of my shoulders, and I instantly sunk to the floor. The shower was shut off once I did. My clothes were drenched, and I wasn't in the best mood to top it all off. Brett had been one of the worst kids to me at my old school. He had been the one who was the most upset about the car incident. He was obviously still upset over it now, too. Even after I had apologized and had been decent to him, he still seemed to hate me, as well as the rest of the team.

"That car you smashed, I thought you said it was your teachers." Scott said, causing me to look up at him. "He's also my coach. He benched me for the entire season." I replied. "What did you do?" Scott asked me, obviously a little shocked. I looked down before replying. "Got a couple red cards." I said softly, looking down at the brown shower tile. "Just a couple?" Stiles asked, but I didn't reply. Scott knelt down in front of me, and I looked at him. "You gotta be honest with us. What else happened?" Scott asked. "Nothing." I said, defending myself a little at first.

Soon after I spoke, I realized that it would be easier to just tell them the truth about what had happened. "I got kicked out of school. They sent me to a psychologist for an evaluation." I added, rubbing my arm a little. "What did they call it?" Scott asked. "Intermittent Explosive Disorder." I told them, looking at Scott and Stiles. "I.E.D.? Your literally and I.E.D.? That's great. Great, you gave super powers to a walking time bomb." Stiles said, giving Scott a thumbs up and a wink. It made me a little upset, but I didn't say anything about it.

"Did they give you anything for it?" Scott asked, turning back to me. "Risperdal. Its an anti-psychotic." I told him. "Oh this just gets better." Stiles said. "But I don't take it." "Obviously." Stiles said, cutting me off again. "I can't play lacrosse on it. It makes me to tired." I spoke, finishing. "Okay. I think you should be out of the game. Tell coach your leg is still hurting." Scott suggested. "No. No." I said, standing up suddenly. "I can do this. Especially if your there." I told Scott.

I thought for a minute, before adding. "And Destiny too." I added. "Liam-" "She calms me down." I told Scott, cutting him off. It was true. Destiny helped to calm me down all the time. The night of the full moon, what happened with Brett. I trusted her, which was hard for me to do. I had told her everything. I knew that if she was at the game, seeing her would help to calm me down.

"Liam, its not just about the game. We think whoever killed Demarco, might be on our team." Scott told me. "Who's Demarco?" I asked, confused. "The one who brought the beer to the party, the guy who was beheaded. Remember?" Stiles asked. "We think the person who ordered the keg, killed Demarco." Scott finished.

As soon as Scott said that, one person poped into my mind, Garrett. I didn't know who had ordered the keg, but I remember someone, possibly Garrett, saying that Garrett had ordered it. "Liam, do you know something?" Scott asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. "I don't know who ordered the keg, but I do know who paid for it." I told him. "Who?" Scott asked, coming closer for an answer. Stiles peeled himself off of the wall as well. "Garrett." I said simply. Scott looked at Stiles, before turning back to me. "Destiny was right. It was Garrett."

The thought of how hurt Destiny would be if she knew that it was Garrett came to my mind. I couldn't let Destiny know that it was Garrett. Of course, I was worried about her getting hurt. I would just have to keep her away from him. "Please, don't tell Destiny. I don't want to see her hurt over this." I told Scott. Scott nodded. "I won't." He told me. I let out a deep breath as he said this, relief washing over me. One of the worst things in the world, would be seeing Destiny hurt again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Liam, Scott, and Stiles walked away, I let out a sigh, and looked down. "And who are you?" A voice asked, causing me to look up. I saw Brett looking down at me from where he stood. I had to admit that he was very intimidating. He looked like he could snap anyone in half, and the fact that he was twice my size didn't help. "I'm Liam's friend." I replied, turning to face him. "Wait, tell me exactly why your friends with him." Brett said back, folding his arms over his chest, which was covered by a black, tight shirt. "He's a nice, funny boy who just understands me." I told him. "You mean he's an odd kid. That's what you meant by funny, right?"

As soon as Brett spoke, I could feel anger run through me. I knew what Liam had been through, and it hurt me to hear people say something like that about him. Plus, because of what happened to me in the past, I was more then upset with him. "No. That's not what I meant. He's a kid that makes me laugh because of his sense of humor-" "Are you sure that's what you meant?" Brett asked, cutting me off. I nodded. "Positive." I told him. "Well, have you heard about what Liam did in the past?" Brett asked. I nodded again. "Yes. I have." "So you heard he has an anger problem?" Brett asked again. "Yes. I have." Brett smirked a little after I answered. "So how angry do you think he'd be if he found out that we had been talking on the phone, hanging out, things like that?" He asked me, giving me a small wink. "I think he wouldn't be upset at all. Because I don't exactly see that happening." I replied, before turning around. I still had a lot of anger as I walked back into the building, and I was sure that it wouldn't go away anytime soon.