Chapter Sixteen

Song for Chapter 16

Crazier by Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be over in ten." Liam told me through the phone. I nodded, and replied into the receiver. "Okay. I'll see you then." "Bye." Liam replied. "Bye." I said back, before taking the phone away from my ear, and pressing the red "End" button on my phone. Today, I had invited Liam to come over for a little, just to hang out. Mostly so we could talk a little bit more about yesterday, and to see if we could find out why Scott and his friends wanted to meet with us.

This morning, Liam and I had both received a text from Scott, telling us to meet at a coffee shop this afternoon to talk to Liam and I. I didn't know about Liam, but I was worried. The last time they met with us, it had been to talk about Garrett possibly being an assassin. Which, turns out, I was right about. I had never expected him to be one at all. When I met him, he didn't seem like he could harm anyone or anything. Now, I knew that it was his job to harm anyone or anything. I didn't even know how to feel about this.

Right at one twenty-nine, there was a knock at the door. I walked up to it, unlocking it, and pulling it back. Liam looked at me, and smiled. "Your a minute early." I told him, smiling. "Do you want me to wait outside for a minute?" He asked. I laughed a little. "Come in." I said, steping aside so he could walk in. "Thank you." He told me, walking inside. "You've got a nice house." He said, turning to look at me. I smiled. "Thank you." I said, shutting and locking the door.

"You must be Liam." A voice said, causing both of us to turn our heads and look. I saw my mom walking towards us. "Hi I'm Destiny's mom, Natalie." She said, sticking her hand out. Liam smiled, shaking her hand. "Its nice to meet you." He told her, both of them taking their hands away. "You too."

"Mom?" Another voice asked, causing me to look down and see my sister. I let out a sigh. Everyone was coming in here to meet him. My little sister, Grace, looked up at Liam. "Who's he?" She asked. Liam walked over to her. "I'm Liam." He said, sticking his hand out. My sister looked up at him. "I'm Grace." She said. They both took their hands away. "Your very pretty Grace. You look just like your sister." He said, causing her to smile. I felt my cheeks heat up. I wasn't sure if he meant that I was pretty too, but it didn't matter.

"Okay, well, Liam and I are going to go upstairs-" "To the basement." My mom said, cutting me off. "Fine, we'll go to the basement." I told her. I began to walk towards the steps, Liam right behind me. "Hello." Another voice said. I groaned a little, and saw my dad standing there. "Really?" I said quietly under my breath. "I'm David, Destiny's dad." My dad said, sticking his hand out. "Liam." Liam replied, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you." My dad said, looking down at him. Liam smiled. "You too sir."

"Well, we'll be downstairs if you need us." I told them, walking down the steps. Liam walked down behind me, laughing a little. When we reached the bottom of the steps, I turned to look at him. "I'm sorry about them." I told him, before continuing to walk over to the couch. Liam shrugged, and followed me. "Its fine. They seem nice." He said, sitting down beside me. I smiled a little, and pulled out my phone from my pocket.

"So you got a text this morning from Scott?" I asked him, looking up at him from my phone. Liam nodded, and pulled his phone out. "Yep. It just said that they had to talk to me." He told me, shrugging after he spoke. "I got the exact same one." I told him. "What do you think its about?" He asked me. I shrugged, and looked up at him. "It could be various things." I said, looking back down at me phone.

"Destiny, I told myself i wasn't going to ask this because I didn't know how you would react, but I care about you too much not to ask it. Are you okay? You know, with Garret?" He asked me. I looked up at him, and bit my lip softly. I saw that he looked concerned. I didn't want him to feel bad for me, but I didn't want to lie either. "To be honest, I don't know how to feel." I told him, looking down. "Destiny." Liam said softly. I looked up at him with teary eyes. "I'm here. Its just me and you. You can cry if you want to. I promise I won't judge you or make fun of you." He told me. As soon as he said that, I let the tears that I had been holding back, fall. Liam wrapped his arms around me, bringing my head to his chest.

"Listen Destiny, I don't know what your going through, because I haven't exactly been in this position, but I can help you. I care about you so much. Seeing you hurt makes me feel awful. For instance, right now, I'm about to cry because your crying. I'm here if you need anything." He told me, rubbing my back gently. "I just need someone to hold me while I cry." I admitted, laughing a little. Liam laughed a little as well. "Well, I'm here to do that." He told me, and I could hear a small smile on his lips when he spoke. I smiled a little, not crying as much anymore. "You make me feel better. I don't feel like I have to cry anymore." I admitted, taking my head away, and looking at him. "That's good." He said, bring his hands up and gently moving the hair away from my face with my fingers.

"How is this possible?" He asked, taking his hands away gently. I looked at him, confused. "What?" I asked him. "Even when you cry your beautiful." He told me softly. I blushed, and looked down at my jeans. A smile tugged at my lips, and I couldn't hide it. "Mom wants to know what time you guys need to go to the coffee shop." Someone said, causing both of our heads to snap up, and Liam to take his hands off my face. I saw my sister standing on the steps. "In about an hour. Thank you." I told her. My sister nodded before speaking. "And Destiny." "Yeah?" I asked, looking up at her. "You are beautiful when you cry." She said, walking up the steps. The blush on my cheeks got darker, and I looked down. Liam laughed a little, and spoke. "I think she's adorable." He told me. I looked up at him, and laughed a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we walked into the coffee shop, the smell of coffee filled my nose. I smiled a little, feeling instantly relaxed. "There they are." Liam said, causing me to follow his gaze. I saw that Kira, Malia, Lydia, Scott, Stiles, and a man I had never seen before were already sitting at a table. Liam and I began to walk over. "Hey." Liam said, as they all looked up at us. "Hey. You guys can sit down." Scott told us. Liam and I both sat down next to one another, Kira sitting on the other side of me. "How did you guys both manage to get here at the same time?" Malia asked, taking a sip of her coffee. "We came together." Liam said. "From where?" Stiles asked. "My house." I said. The whole table grew silent, and they all just looked at us. "You know, because we hang out and stuff.." I said, my voice trailing off. I heard a laugh from someone at the table, and looked over to see the man I didn't know laughing. "I think your right Scott." He said, before taking a drink of his coffee. "Oh, Liam, Destiny, this is Derek." Scott said. "Nice to meet you too." Derek said. I nodded. "You too." Liam and I both replied.

"So, why did you want to talk to us?" Liam asked after a few seconds of silence. Scott nodded. "Right. Well, this is Derek. He's mentored me through all of this, you know. He knows more then I do about anchors, so we thought that tomorrow, maybe we could do some tests while he's there to make sure your his anchor." Scott told us. "What tests?" I asked, getting a little worried. "Just some blood work, sort of things that doctors do." He told me, a serious look on his face. "What?" I asked, my heart beat speeding up. Derek laughed, and shook his head. "I'm kidding. We'll just do some things to get his heart rate up, and see if you can calm him down. No blood work involved at all." Derek told us. My body instantly relaxed a little, and a sigh escaped my lips. Although, I was still nervous about what may happen tomorrow.