Chapter Twenty-One

Song for Chapter 21

Fix You by Coldplay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Destiny, I know where he is." Scott's panicked voice said through the phone. My eyes widened as he said this, and I stood up from my bed. "Where he is?" I asked quickly, my breathing picking up. "I'm not sure. I heard him, and I'm following the sound. I'm almost to your place right now to pick you up. He'll want you there." He replied. I quickly walked over to where my shoes were laying on the floor, and began to put them on. "Okay. I'll be waiting." I told him, before hanging up.

Once I had my shoes on, I ran downstairs. I quickly told my mom where I would be going, lying by saying that I was going to hang out with Liam, and that I would be home in about an hour. After she had told me that I could go, I quickly walked out the door, and noticed that Scott had just pulled up. I shut the door behind me, and ran to his car. I climbed into the passenger side, and buckled up quickly.

As he pulled out of the driveway, he began to speak. "It sounds like he's in a wooded area, so we'll be going through the woods most likely if that's okay with you." I nodded quickly, not really caring where we were going. I would go anywhere just as long as I got to see him again. Even though we were in an argument at the moment, the last thing I wanted was for him to be hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride to the woods was long and nerve racking. Every minute that past was another one that Liam could be alone and in trouble. The thought of him made me even more nervous then I should have been. The ride was also silent, both Scott and I worried. Scott, though, seemed much more then worried. It was like he was hiding something from me. I could tell that there was something that he didn't want me to know, but I wouldn't worry about that until we got to Liam.

 When we had reached the woods, we parked outside of them, and were now walking through them to find him. "We're getting closer." Scott told me, which sent slight relief through my body. If he was in the woods, probably alone, that wasn't a good sign. That means that someone, Garrett, left him out here to be alone, maybe even while he was hurt. The sound of a yell caused me to look up. "Liam." I said softly, just as another scream was heard. I began to ran towards it, and Scott did the same.

As I got closer to the sound, I saw that it was coming from a well. This brought even more fear to me, and I ran quicker. Scott got there before me though, sticking his arm into the well. He began to pull something up, hopefully Liam. I walked over, watching him carefully. After a few seconds, Liam was pulled out of the well. I let out a sigh of relief, and ran over to him.

Liam!" I yelled, as Scott hugged him. Liam pulled away to look at me as I ran towards him. I wasted no time in wrapping him in a hug. I didn't care that his clothes were wet. I was just happy that he was safe. After a few seconds, I pulled away, and looked at him. "Did Garrett do this?" I asked him. Liam just looked at me, and nodded. "Is Garrett here?" Liam asked, looking over at Scott. Scott looked down, and didn't answer for a minute, which worried me even more. "Scott?" I asked, turning to face him.Garrett's gone." Scott suddenly said, looking up at us. "What do you mean he's gone?" He asked, my heart sinking and my voice shaking. "He died Destiny." Scott told me.

Once the words left his lips, it took me a minute for it to all sink in. Garrett, a boy who had been my best friend, a brother to me, someone I told everything to, someone I had such great memories with, someone who I loved and someone who loved me, he was gone. I was never going to see him again. Ever. Tears instantly began to fall from my eyes. I wasn't able to hold a single one back. I didn't think that I would ever lose him.

Liam pulled me to him, my head on his chest. He stroked my hair, just like he always did. "Destiny, I know it hurts. You just lost someone close to you. I know your hurting. I'm sorry this happened." He whispered, his voice shaking. I felt a pair of lips kiss the top of my head gently, and I realized that it was Liam who did the action. Even right now, he still managed to make my heart race.

"Destiny." Scott told me, causing me to pull away, and look at him. "I'm sorry. I really am." Scott told me. I didn't have anything to say back. I couldn't say that it was okay, because it wasn't. I just nodded, and looked down. "I found this." Scott said, handing me yet another note. I took it gently, and looked at him. "It was falling out of his pocket. It had your name on it." He told me. I brought my eyes back down to the white sheet of folded paper in my hands. I saw the name Destiny written on it in his hand writing. I gently drug my finger across the writing, before folding open the note. I began to read the words written in black ink.

Dear Destiny,

I'm so sorry that all of this has happened. I'm sorry for the way I have been treating you. I'm ashamed and disgusted by myself. The way I treated you is the way that no one should be treated. Especially someone as delicate and beautiful as you. When I first met you, you were the sweetest, cutest girl I had ever met. You were filled with so much innocence and love that's hard to find in this world. Which, obviously, you know now. The first few months we met, we had a perfect friendship, and I loved it. You are so funny, talented, lovable, sweet, kind, you are so amazing. Then, I sort of ruined it for both of us. I did this job, and we drifted apart. Far enough to the point that when I saw you again, I was just filled with anger. On Saturday, the way that you looked at me when I threatened you broke my heart. For the first time, I actually felt regret for something as I was doing it. After what you said to me today, I want to stop this job. I don't want to do this anymore. What you told me, made me want to change. I'm going to. Slowly, but I will. I'll do it for you, and for other people who don't deserve this. You helped me to want to change. I love you Destiny. I love your smile, your laugh, how cute you get when your angry or mad. I love how your nose crinkles when you laugh, or how you blush when someone complements you. I love everything about you. I'm changing, mostly for you. I love you Destiny.

-Garrett