Chapter Forty-Three

Song for Chapter 43:

Trust by Christina Perri

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the game had ended, I had made my way off of the bleachers, and to the locker rooms. I stood outside the door leading in, waiting for Liam to walk out. He had seemed mad after he had talked to Brett on the field. However, I didn't know why. Brett seemed to fine with Liam now, and didn't seem to be holding as much of a grudge against him anymore. At least, that's what I had been thinking.

After a few minutes, a few of the teamates started walking out of the locker room. I scanned the group of boys, looking for Liam. Liam walked out after the boys had, and looked over at me. I gave him a smile, and was shocked when he did not return it. My heart sunk a little, and I tried to think of anything that I could have done wrong. I began to walk quickly, wanting to know why he was upset. "Liam." I called, certainly loud enough for him to hear. However, he didn't turn around to look. This caused me to let out a small groan of annoyance, and call his name again, louder this time. "Liam!" I yelled again. Liam stopped walking, and turned to look at me. "What Destiny?" He said, his tone harsh.

I stopped in front of him, and looked up at him. "Congratulations!" I said, trying to lighten the mood a little. However, it did not work. Liam just stared down at me, his face emotionless. "Liam?" I asked, my voice barley above a whisper. "Don't start Destiny." He said, shaking his head. His voice was deep and low when he spoke. "What?" I asked, confused. "That innocent act. Don't play it." Liam said, his voice going up in volume slightly. I had no idea what Liam was talking about. I wasn't playing an act of any kind, but he clearly thought I was. "Liam, what are you talking about?" I asked again. "I saw you and Brett." He told me, looking down at me, and now slightly glaring.

Once he had said that, I rolled my eyes at how stupid this all was. He was angry that I was being friendly to someone, which made me even more upset then I already was. "Are you serious right now?" I asked him, not sure if that's all he was mad about. "That's the same question I asked myself when I saw you flirting with him." He said, getting closer to me. I let out another sigh, and kept my eyes on him. "Liam, I love you. I wasn't flirting with him. I have no clue what your talking about." I told him, trying to assure him that nothing had happened between Brett and I.

"Well, I saw you talking to him." He spoke softly, looking down at his feet. This caused me to get even more upset then I thought I would be. "Oh, so now I can't talk to other guys without it being flirting?" I asked him, my voice raising. "Not when you have a boyfriend." Liam spoke, speaking just as loud as I had. "I'm not going to stop having guy friends just because we're dating." I told him, my heart beat picking up. "You can stop flirting with them!" Liam said, in a demanding tone. "For the last time, I was not flirting with Brett." I told him, become aggravated and upset with him. "That's not what I saw." Liam said.

At this point, I was more then angry. I was furious. He was getting upset with me over something so stupid as talking to a guy. He told me that he trusted me, but he clearly didn't know. That's what hurt the most. "I don't care what you saw, Liam! I wasn't flirting with him! I love you! I would never do something like that!" I said, this time, yelling. "If you loved me, you wouldn't do that!" Liam yelled back. "You know what, I'm done! I'm done with this conversation, I'm done with this night, and right now, I'm done with you!" I yelled, this time, louder then I ever thought I could. My throat was in pain from yelling as much, and as loud, as I had.

As soon as I had spoken those words, it was like something in Liam had snapped. His expression turned from anger, to sadness. His blue eyes, now glossed over with tears, looked into mine. "Destiny." Liam spoke softly, his voice soft. "What Liam?" I asked him, my voice now soft as well. "Don't do this." He said softly. I didn't know if he meant about how he thought I was lying about flirting, or about saying I was done. "Are we over?" Liam asked softly.

Those three words were the ones that I never wanted to hear leave anyone's mouths, especially his. However, I didn't know if we were or not. He was accusing me of things that I had not done, and I didn't like it. I didn't like the way he didn't trust me. After a minute of silence, I spoke. "I don't know." I told him. I took one last look at him, before walking away, and toward the parking lot. Once I had turned my back to him, a tear slipped down my cheek. I didn't even know that I felt like crying until that point.

As soon as I reached the entrance to the field, and was out of Liam's sight, I started to cry. So hard that my body was shaking from it. I was crying for everything. For the whole supernatural mess that had made me feel crazy ever since I had seen Liam getting bit. For the fight Liam and I had had. The words that had been exchanged between us were ones I would have never expected to here. And for one person I had seemed to actually be doing okay without.

Garrett. I had been doing fine with being without him, until now. I had pushed him to the back of my mind, and told myself that it was better now then it would be with him here. He was safe now, he wasn't fighting to live. However, I missed him I never got to tell him how I had felt before he had died. That was one of the things that hurt the most.

Just as I was in the middle of my thoughts, I heard footsteps behind me. "Go away Liam." I said softly, not wanting to see him at the moment. After a minute with no reply, and a minute with the footsteps continuing, I started to get a little worried. If it were Liam, he would of said something by now. I spun around, looking to see who it was. The person was defiantly not Liam. Liam didn't have long, wavy blonde hair. "You okay, you seem a little....down." As soon as she said that, I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head. My body hit the ground, and blackness surrounded me quickly.