Chapter Twenty-Four

Song for Chapter 24

Feel Again by One Republic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone stood in a circle in the center of the room. Three computers were on the table in front of us, each of them on. Everyone was talking about some plan they had of how to catch the benefactor. So far, the plan had me worried. It wasn't exactly the best plan that I had heard, but no one could think of another plan, so we were stuck with it.

"Is there enough?" Kira asked, looking from the computers to us. Stiles shrugged, and replied. "It depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so." "Are we really doing this?" Liam asked. "Yeah. I don't think this is a good idea." I added, looking over at Liam. I then looked over to Scott as he began to speak. "We're doing it. Tonight." He said, nodding. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked, worry clear on his face. "Yeah. Its incredibly dangerous. And boarder line idiotic." Stiles said, looking around at everyone.

"You guys done something like this before?" Liam asked, which was actually an important question. If we were actually doing this, hopefully someone in here would have done it before. "Something dangerous, or something idiotic?" Stiles asked. "Both." I said, becoming even more worried then before. "I think its a mix of both." Kira replied, looking at Liam and I. "You guys don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." Scott told us. "I want to help out." I said. "I'm not scared." Liam added after I spoke. "Well, you boarder line idiotic." Stiles said, giving Liam a wink. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?" Stiles asked everyone. I had tried to keep that thought out of my mind this whole time. No one knew exactly who, or what, was going to come after us. "How do we know something's defiantly coming?" Kira asked us. "Because the tape from Garrett's bag said 'Visual conformation required.'" Scott answered her.

As soon as Scott said Garrett, sadness came through me. I knew that I shouldn't be as upset as I was. Garrett was someone who tried to kill my friends. He was a threat to them. Now that he was dead, he wouldn't be. Although, he loved me, and I loved him. I can't exactly be happy about the situation either. Liam must have noticed my sadness, because I felt his hand grab mine, and give it a gentle squeeze. I glanced up at him, and he just gave me a smile. I gave him one back, before looking back at the group.

"Simon said that same thing. He couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." Stiles told Scott. Scott nodded, and looked at everyone. "So, the idea is, what if you kill someone on the deadpool, but you can't send them proof?" Scott asked. "You don't get paid." Kira answered after a second. Scott looked at her, and nodded, a small smile forming on his lips.

"How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" Liam asked. "He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott said. "Especially if its someone high on the list." Stiles added. "Which Scott is." I said, looking at Scott. He nodded, which helped me to understand this a little better. "So if he wants visual conformation-" "He's going to have to come get it himself." Scott said, finishing for Liam.

This plan had me worried. If the whole thing backfired, we could all end up dead. Although, we did have to find out who the benefactor was. If the plan worked, it was possible that the killings would be over. It didn't matter though. I wanted to be a part of the plan. I wanted to help. Most importantly though, I wanted to help make sure that everyone stayed alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone had moved up to Scott's room once Kira's mom arrived. We were about to go through with the first part of the plan, which was the part that had everyone on edge. Scott was supposed to "die". He wasn't exactly going to be dead, but it would look like he was. He would barley have a heartbeat, if any, and he would look pale. Although, only us, and a few other people, would really know that he was alive.

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam asked, pacing around the room a little. "I think Liam's kind of nervous. Maybe you should tell him its going to be alright." Kira suggested to Scott, holding his hand gently. Scott looked at Kira, and smiled. "Its gonna be alright." Scott said, causing Kira to give him a small smile. "So, you've done this before, right?" Liam asked, his voice shaking lightly "I've seen it done before." Kira's mom said, causing me to become nervous. "I-is that just as good?" Liam asked, his eyes a little wider. "No." Kira's mom said, looking over at him. "Mom! Your not inspiring confidence." Kira told her, obviously slightly upset with her. "Good. This is a terrible idea." Kira's mom told her. "Do you want us to do it without you?" Kira asked, becoming slightly irritated. "Put your hand over his heart." Kira's mom instructed.

Before Kira did, she looked over at me. "Destiny, will you help calm Liam down a little?" She asked me, before sticking her hand out. I nodded, and faced Liam. "Hold on." Scott suddenly said, causing me to turn away before I could say anything to Liam. Kira stopped her hand, and looked at him. "What happens while I'm out? Am I going to feel anything?" Scott asked. I was thinking that everyone was having second thoughts about this plan, if they weren't already. "It might feel like your dreaming." Kira's mom told him gently. "Good dreams, or bad dreams?" Scott asked. "I suppose that depends on you." Kira's mom said, looking down at him. Scott took a deep breath, and Kira did the same.

As she began to bring her hand down again, I turned to look at Liam. "Liam." I said quietly so I wouldn't distract Kira. He didn't look away from Scott, which made me sigh lightly. "Liam, look at me." I said again. Liam waited a second, before bringing his eyes to mine. I could see that he was tense. Of course, I was a little tense as well. I just was good at hiding stuff like that. "Its going to be okay. Everything's fine." I told him, looking into his bright, blue eyes. Liam kept his eyes locked with mine, and I kept mine locked with his. Even as everything was happening behind me, I couldn't look away. Half of it was due to the fact that I didn't want to watch what was happening. The other half was that I couldn't find the strength to look away.