Chapter Forty-Eight

Song for Chapter 48

Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The events that had happened in the past twenty-four hours were things that I never would have thought possible a few months ago. They were events that, if someone said they had happened to them, I would have thought that they were insane. However, I knew what creatures existed now. I knew what special abilities people could have. I wasn't exactly sure if that was a bad thing, or a good thing yet.

Scott, Kira, Malia, Stiles, Liam, and I all stood in front of the church. I, for one, was at much more ease being on the outside of the building then on the inside. Ever since we had exited the building, Liam had been holding my hand the whole time. It was something that I was happy about, I felt safer when I was with him.

"There's enough yellow wolfsbane to keep Peter out for the ride back. But be careful." Mr. Argent said, talking about Peter. Scott looked at him for a second, not saying anything. "You're really going with them?" Scott asked him, glancing at the Calavaries for a minute, and then back to Mr. Argent. Mr. Argent nodded, before replying to Scott's question. "I made a deal with the Calavaries weeks ago. They'll leave you alone. All of you. But only if I help them catch Kate." Mr. Argent told him. "What if you can't?" Kira asked him, from beside Scott. "I'll find her. Someone has to." Mr. Argent said, before walking towards the car.

Liam's hand unattached from mine, his arm going around my waist instead. He pulled me closer to him, and I sank into his side, my head on his shoulder. After all that had happened in the past few weeks, it seemed that maybe all the bad things were coming to an end. The Benefactor had been caught, Kate and Peter were stopped from hurting Scott, and no one had gotten harmed in either of the processes.

After a couple minutes, Scott spoke up. "Well, I think that it would be a pretty nice idea to head on home." Scott told us. Everyone nodded, a small smile appearing on my face. Scott lead the way to the van, everyone following behind him. Liam moved his hand to mine again, lacing our fingers together.

When we got to the cars, I got into one, and sat next to Liam. I laid my head on his arm, and smiled a little. Our hands remained in each others as he moved them to rest on his knee. "I love you." He whispered, looking down at our hands. I smiled wider, before replying. "I love you too, Liam." Liam moved his head down, placing a soft kiss on my lips. Once he pulled away, I looked up at him, and saw him looking down at me. At the same time, both of our smiles grew wider, for the same reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been driving for a few hours now, and Destiny had fallen asleep about an hour ago. I looked down at her as she slept, brushing my fingers through her hair gently. I smiled a little as I continued to look down at her. She looked so calm, peaceful, relaxed. It had been awhile since I had seen her like this, and it was a good look on her.

"You know, she's part of the reason why this whole thing has been easy for you." Scott said. I looked up from Destiny, and over to him, seeing him smiling a little. "What do you mean?" I asked him, continuing to move my fingers through her hair. Scott just shrugged, looking down at Destiny. "I mean, she was your anchor, which helped to calm you down during full moons, but it wasn't just because of things like that. It was obvious that she kept you relaxed when you were on edge, and nervous. She was like a distraction for you from everything that was going on. It was obvious that she loves you." Scott told me. The smile grew wider as I looked down at her. I just nodded before I spoke. "I know she was. That's one of the many reasons why I love her." I said, looking down at her.

I didn't even want to think about what these last few weeks would have been like without her. She helped me through everything. She wasn't one of those people who got scared and ran away, she stayed. She stayed through everything that had happened, and still loved me an accepted me after everything that I told her, and everything I had done in the past. I loved Destiny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's parents were letting me stay with him for the night, and with some persuasion, my parents agreed to let me stay. I was glad to be staying, not only for the fact that I loved him, but also for the fact that I felt safer when I was with him. After what had happened in the past twenty-four hours, I was glad that I got to stay with him.

It was about midnight, and Liam and I were laying in his bed, his arm wrapped around my waist. "Thank you." He said, into my ear. I turned to face him, a little confused. "For what?" I asked him. "Just, for everything. For accepting me, for not leaving, for helping me, for believing in me, and for loving me. I love you." He said, smiling a little. I smiled back at him, giving him a nod. "Thank you too, Liam. And I love you too." I told him, before turning back around. After a couple minutes, I began to fall asleep, and for the first time in a few weeks, I felt safe while doing so.