Chapter Forty-One

Song for Chapter 41

Boom Clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beeping alarm, sitting on my bedside table, woke me up suddenly from my dream. I opened my eyes, reaching over and pressing the button, instantly stopping the noise. I suddenly realized that I had an arm slung around my stomach. A smile creept onto my lips as I remembered that Liam had spent the night. I turned over, being greeted by Liam's tired, blue eyes. A sleepy smile was on his lips. "Goodmorning beautiful." He spoke in a deep, raspy morning voice. "Goodmorning handsome." I replied, not being able to contain the wide smile on my lips.

After a second, I tried pulling my body up into a sitting position. However, I was just pulled back down and onto Liam's chest. "Don't go." He whispered into my hair, stroking it gently with his left hand. As good of an idea as that sounded, and as much as I wanted to, I knew that I couldn't. I couldn't skip school. "Liam, come on. We have school." I told him. "So." He answered, not losing his grip. "Come on." I told him, trying to sit up. This time, Liam didn't stop me. Instead, he just let out a small groan. "Come on. Get up." I told him, standing up from my bed. "Your lucky I love you." He told me, standing up as well. I smiled, and let out a small laugh. "Why?" I asked.

Liam looked over at me, his eyes tired, and his brown hair sticking up a little from the way he slept. "I wouldn't of gotten up if I didn't." He told me. I rolled my eyes playfully, and walked towards my closet to get out an outfit for the day. "Destiny, what am I even supposed to wear?" He asked. I looked at him, and sighed. "Well, do you have a shirt under your hoddie?" I asked him. Liam looked down at his lacrosse hoodie, and then nodded. "Yeah." He replied, looking back up at me. "Do you have an extra pair of jeans in your locker in the locker room?" I asked him. Liam smiled a little, and nodded. "Your smart. I'm keeping you." He said, in a joking manor. "Well that's a good thing to hear." I told him, opening my closet door. "I'd never leave you Destiny, you know that right?" He asked. I turned my head over my shoulder, and nodded. "I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we reached the school, Liam and I walked in together, hand in hand. "I'll walk you to your locker, and then I'll go to mine." He told me. I noded, and smiled. "Okay. That's fine." I told him, walking down the hall. "Your going to the game tomorrow, right?" He asked me. I looked up at him, lacing my fingers with his. "Yeah. Of course! Why?" I asked, stopping at my locker. Liam just shrugged, as I removed my hand from his. "Who are you guys playing?" I asked him, swirling the combination around and putting the numbers in. "Devinford Prep." He said, his tone changing from happy to slightly nervous in just a matter of seconds.

As I opened my locker, it was silent between us. I knew that Liam was worried, and I was as well. This was their first game that mattered against the school. A school that didn't exactly like Liam. When they had first played Devindford, Liam and I had not been dated. It had also not counted as an actual game. However, Liam and I were now dating, and this game mattered to him and his teamates. I knew that he was more then nervous about playing tonight. "Liam, don't worry. You'll do amazing tonight." I told him, giving him a small smile.

The words that I had spoken seemed to help him a little, but not by much. He had a small smile on his lips, but not his usual one. I wanted to help him to become confident and not afraid about the game tonight. There had to be something else that I could do to help him, and I wasn't going to give up until I found out what it was. "Is there anything else I can do?" I asked him, grabbing his hand in mine gently. It was silent for a minute as he thought. After a minute or two, a smile formed on his lips at one of his thoughts. He looked back down at me, and nodded. "There is one thing." He told me. I smiled back at him, and nodded. "Sure, anything."

After I spoke, Liam let go of my hand. He propped his bag up on his knee, and unzipped the first zipper. "Okay. Well, I understand if you don't agree with this, and if you don't want to do it. It seems kind of stupid and silly, I know. This might actually help though." Once Liam had finished speaking, he pulled a red, folded up hoodie out of his bag. I looked down at it for a minute, before realizing what it was. I could barley make out the top of the number nine in white. I looked at him, smiling wider. "You want me to wear your lacrosse hoodie?" I asked, my cheeks heating up a little. Liam's did as well, and he looked down. He zipped up his bag, still holding the clothing item in his hand, and slung his bag over his shoulder. He looked down at the hoodie in his hands, and gave a small nod.

"Well, yeah. I mean, its cool if you....um.....if you don't want to wear it. I understand. It was just a thought that-" "Liam." I said, cutting him off of his rambling. "Yeah?" He asked, looking up at me. His cheeks were flushed a red color, and his smile had faded into a nervous expression. I smiled, taking the hoodie from his hands. "I would love to wear your hoodie tonight." I told him. Liam smiled again, actually smiling his genuine one this time. "Really?" He asked. I giggled a little at this, and nodded. "Yes. It would be an honor actually." I replied. Liam let out a nervous chuckle, and looked down. He then looked back up at me. "Thanks Destiny. For everything." He told me. I just shrugged, and smiled. "Thank you too, Liam." I told him.

"Well, I better go and get changed before class starts. I'll see you later." He told me. I nodded, and smiled. "Okay." I told him. I leaned up to press and kiss to his cheek, but at the last minute, Liam turned his head, pressing his lips to mine. I pulled away after a second, blushing. "Gottcha." He said, smiling. I laughed a little, and rolled my eyes playfully. "Just go get changed." I told him, through small laughs. Liam rolled his eyes as well, and walked off to the locker room. I turned around, and watched him walk down the hall. After a few seconds, I looked down at the red hoodie reasting in my hands, which made me smile wider. I then turned back around to walk toward my first period, perfectly content with how the day had started out.