Chapter Forty-Nine

Song for Chapter 49

Flashlight by Jessie J

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew that everything wasn't going to stay this way forever. I knew that, at some point, something bad was bound to happen again. However, for the time being, everything felt all right. I didn't have to spend my time worrying about if today would be my last day living. I didn't have to worry if the person I passed in the hall, or the person I passed walking down the street was someone hired by the benefactor. I also didn't have to worry about my friends and families safety. Now, I could just focus on the end of my freshman year, and making my summer one of the best it could be.

"Hey Destiny." My friend said, from behind my locker door. I shut my locker, before looking over at my friend, Kenzie, and smiling. "Hey." I told her, with a smile. Both of us began to walk down the hall, as I slung my bag back over my left shoulder. "So, what are your plans for the summer? Besides hanging out with Liam." She asked me, laughing a little at the end. I laughed a little as well, before replying to her question. "I don't know. I just want to have a summer that I can be relaxed in for once. I want to have a carefree summer this year." I told her.

After what had happened in the past few weeks, it had made me realize that life is precious. That no matter what happened, whatever obstacle I had to face, I had the strength to overcome it. I had learned that first hand with all of the benefactor drama that had happened. This whole event helped me to realize that I should live in the moment, and stop worrying about things that happened in the past that I could not control, as well as to stop worrying about the future, because the future was tomorrow, and tomorrow had not come yet. It had helped me to realize that my life was a precious gift, and so was everyone else's.

"I agree with you one hundred percent." Kenzie said, smiling wider. Right after she spoke, I saw Liam shutting his locker, and walking towards me. The smile on his face made my heart skip a beat. "I'll see you in first period." Kenzie told me once she saw Liam. "Alright." I told her, glancing at her for a second, before turning my attention back to look at Liam as Kenzie walked off.

Liam stopped walking beside me, pressing a gentle kiss to my now red cheeks. "Hey." He said, grabbing my hand. "Hey." I replied, lacing my fingers with his. "Where are you walking to?" He asked, as we continued to walk down the hall. "First period, choir." I told him. He nodded, looking down at me from where he was walking. "What are your plans for this weekend?" He asked me. "I don't think I have any. Why?" I asked him, smiling.

"Well, I want to hang out, just you and me. Its been awhile since we got to done anything together, and we haven't exactly had a chance to hang out without worrying about something. Now that this whole mess is over, I thought that it would be a good chance to do something special." Liam said, a shy smile on his lips, and his cheeks turning a light red color. "By special, you mean a picnic, right?" I asked him, laughing a little. "Um, yeah. Is it not okay? We can do something else if-" "Liam, don't worry, its perfect." I said, cutting him off, and giving him a reassuring smile.

Liam's smile appeared again when I said this, and he gave a slight nod. "Great. I'll pick you up at your house at six then on Saturday." He told me. "And by pick me up, you mean your step-dad will take us there, right?" I asked him. Liam laughed a little, and nodded. "Exactly." He said. "That sounds perfect." I told him, giving him a small kiss on the lips gently.

Talking to Liam now felt different, but in a good way. It was obvious that he wasn't nervous as much anymore, that he wasn't worried anymore. For me, seeing him like this made me feel ten times better. Seeing him happy and carefree made me happy. Now that everything was over, I only had a few things to think about, and one of the main ones, was Liam.