Chapter Forty-Two

Song for Chapter 42:

Jealous by Nick Jonas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The cold wind blew onto me as I walked towards the bleachers on the field. I was sure that my cheeks were more then likely red already from the cold. However, I wasn't going to skip the game just because of the cold. I liked seeing Liam play. Plus, I wanted an excuse to wear his hoodie.

As I was walking towards the bleachers, I saw Liam standing by the fence. A smile creeped onto my lips, and I sped up my pace towards him. When I reached him, I tapped him lightly on the back. Liam jumped slightly, and turned to look at me. A smile overtook his lips once he realized it was me. "You made it." He said, smiling. "Of course I did, I wouldn't miss the game!" I said, before glancing around. Usually Scott was with Liam before the games, but tonight, he was not here. My smile faded, and my eyebrows knitted together. I turned back to look at Liam, who had a confused look about why I was looking around.

"Were's Scott?" I asked him, wondering if he had heard from him. Liam just gave a shrug, his smile fading as well. "I don't know." He said, his voice soft, and his eyes now fixated on his shoes. "I'm sure his fine. He's probably just running a little late. That's all." I told him, trying to brighten the situation up a little for him. "I hope so." He replied softly, and not looking up. I knew how Liam was a little nervous now. He had just gotten the bite a couple of weeks ago, and all of this was new to him. He didn't exactly know control yet.

"Just don't think about it. Focus on the game. I'm sure you'll do great." I told him, smiling. Liam looked up, the smile reappearing on his lips slowly. "Thanks. I'll do better now knowing that your here." He told me. My cheeks turned red again, only this time, it wasn't due to the cold. "Yep! Cheering the team on in your hoodie." I told him. Liam's eyes went from mine, down to the hoodie. His smile widened, before he looked back at me. Even in the dim light, I could see the red color in his cheeks. "You wore it." He said shyly, through a smile. "Of course I did. Did you think I wouldn't?" I asked him. Liam shrugged. "To be honest, I didn't know if you would or not." He admitted shyly, causing my smile to soften.

"Well, I did. I want people to know that i have an amazing, perfect, loving, kind, kick butt lacrosse player as my boyfriend." I told him. Liam smiled wider, if possible, and blushed at my comment. "Well, this kick butt lacrosse player has an actual game to play. So, I have to go." He said, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. I smiled after he had. "Good luck." I told him. "Thanks. Love you." He told me, walking towards the field. "Love you too." I yelled after him, still smiling.

As he walked away, I thought about all that had happened since I had first met him. When I first saw him, I never expected to develop such strong feelings for him. I also didn't expect for him to be the way he was. Even though some people saw him as a boy with anger issues, or some saw him as the quiet kid, I saw him as Liam. I knew what he was really like. To me, he was perfect.

"Well, if that didn't give him a boost of good luck, I don't know what will." A voice spoke behind me, causing me to turn around. Once I had, I let out a irritated sigh. "Hey Brett." I said, my tone anything but happy. "Hello Destiny." He said, stopping in front of me. "Nice hoodie." He added. I folded my arms over my chest, and looked out at the field. "What do you want?" I asked, before turning back to look at him. "To apologize." He said, catching me slightly off guard. "What?" I asked him.

"I know that when we first met, I was a complete jerk to you. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I shouldn't have said what I did, and said the words I had for the intentions I had. I knew that Liam would get angry if he saw me flirting with you, so I did. I let the stupid rivalry we have lead to me trying to flirt with his girlfriend. It was immature and stupid, I know. I'm sorry Destiny."