Chapter Thirty-One

Song Chapter 31:

Biting Down by Lorde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cops ended us leading us into the school building, which confused all of us. I wanted to ask them why they had taken us into the school. This wasn't the way to that we should be escorted out. Although, in the situation I was in right now, I couldn't exactly say anything. I had been set down next to Liam by a set of lockers. Both of us had been laid down, and my head was on his right shoulder. I couldn't move at all, but even if I could, I wouldn't want to move out of the position that Liam and I were in right now.

A liquid suddenly covered my whole body. From the smell, I could tell that this wasn't water. "What is that?" I heard Scott ask from somewhere behind me. I couldn't even turn my head to look back at him. "Gasoline. Heg says we have to burn you." The cop told him. It finally hit me that these were not cops at all. I felt stupid for just realizing that now. They were assassins, and they had gotten all of us in the perfect position to act out their plan. We had all been oblivious to it.

Somehow, after he spoke, I had enough strength to actually let out a few tears. I tried not to make any noise though, not wanting to seem weak at the moment. "D-destiny?" I heard Liam ask, almost painting. "What?" I asked back, my voice soft and shaky. "Don't cry. Please. We're going to be okay." Liam said, trying to reassure me. "I doubt that Liam. Do you not see what's going on right now?" I asked him. "Destiny, remember what I told you?" He asked me. He had told me numerous different things since we had met. I wasn't sure which one he was alluding to.

"What I told you about no one hurting you?" He asked, trying to give me a clue. "Yes." I replied once the words came to my mind. "And how I told you that I wouldn't ever lie to you?" He asked me again. "Yes." I replied again, getting enough strength to turn my head to look at me. Even in the dark his eyes were bright and visible. "I promise that no one is going to hurt you. I'm not going to let that happen. They can hurt me all they want, but they can't do anything to you." He told me, grabbing my hand gently. I appreciated what Liam was saying, and his words brought more tears to my eyes, but the thought of him even getting hurt made me feel guilty, and made me want to cry even harder.

"Liam, no one is going to hurt you. I promise that no one is going to. Just like you promised me." I told him, smiling. Liam smiled back, but only slightly. I could tell from his expression that, even though he tried to look tough right now, he was just as scared as the rest of us. I could hear Scott behind me trying to back away from the man, who most likely had a match. I shut my eyes quickly, not wanting to see, if possible, anything that was going on.

Suddenly, like the flip of a switch, I regained all of my strength a few seconds later. I opened my eyes, and saw Liam sitting up a little straighter, his eyes wide and now a golden color. From behind me, I could her the cracking of what sounded like a bone, which brought goosebumps to my skin. I glanced over my shoulder, and saw a girl walk out of a room, and kick the man who had been standing by Liam. A man, Derek, walked out from behind her, and towards the other cops that were in the building, and that we're coming our way. He took no time in punching, and kicking all of them, trying to get them at least knocked out for long enough for us to exit the building safely.

At that moment, I did something that I had been holding back for awhile now. With the events that had just happened, and the events that were still going on right now, I decided that it was the perfect time. I opened my mouth, a loud, high pitched scream leaving it. I saw Scott, who was in front of me, jump, and turn to look at me. After a few seconds, I shut my mouth, my eyes widening. Derek, who had just beat the last guy to the floor, looked at me. He began walking towards me.

"What happened to the gun?" Scott suddenly asked. "Covered in gasoline." Derek replied, stopping by Scott. "Oh yeah." Scott said. Derek held his hand out, which Scott gladly took. Derek pulled him up, and gave him a pat on the shoulder. After he did, he looked over at me again. He began walking over, and stopped right in front of me. I looked up at him, my heart beat fast. He held his hand out, just like he had for Scott, and I took it. He helped me up, and looked down at me.

"Do you know what you are now?" He asked me. I had a pretty good idea, and I was actually positive that my guess was correct. "A banshee?" I asked wanting to make sure that I was right. Derek nodded. "That's what it seems like. Have you talked to Lydia?" He asked me. I shrugged slightly. "A little. We're not that close, but we've talked a few times." I told him. Derek nodded, and was silent for a minute. "I'll tell her about what just happened with you, and get you two to talk about it." Derek said. I just nodded, and looked down at Liam. I saw that his eyes were fixated on Derek, almost glaring.

"I'll give you and Liam a ride home." Scott said, breaking the somewhat awkward silence between all of us. I nodded, and gave him a small smile. "Thank you." I told him, before looking back down at Liam. I held my hand out, which caused him to look from Derek to me. I gave him a smile, which he returned, and took my head. He stood up, but I didn't let go. He didn't either. Instead, our fingers laced together, in a protective, and affectionate, manor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks Scott." I told him, as he pulled up to the driveway of my house. "No problem. Just make sure that you get showered off before you see your family." He told me, putting the car in park. I laughed lightly, and unbuckled. I had to be quick when I got into the house so that my family wouldn't smell the gasoline on my clothing, skin, and in my hair. They would be more then suspicious, and wouldn't let it go if they smelled it. I gently tapped Liam, causing him to look up. "Can I talk to you about something?" I whispered to him. Liam must of notice the look of importance on my face when I asked, because he quickly nodded, and unbuckled as well.

"I'm going to go in with Destiny. I'll get my step-dad to pick me up." Liam told Scott, looking at him. Scott nodded. "Yeah. Of course." Scott said, slight suspicion in his tone. I opened the door, and stepped out. "Call me if you have problems or issues or something." Scott told us. A smile formed on my lips, and a laugh escaped them. "We're just talking Scott, that's it." I promised. "Okay. Be safe." Scott said. "You too." I replied, before shutting the door, and walked up to the porch.

There was something that I had to tell Liam. It was a topic that had been on my mind for awhile now. I hadn't been sure if I actually felt this way for someone, but after tonight, I knew that I did. The way that he had acted tonight, and ever since I met him really, made me realize, as well, that I had been ignoring my own thoughts and feelings, as well as the many signs. I had to tell him before I couldn't. He had to know. Liam had to know that I loved him.